Three Quarters of a Soul - Watcher stuff (drabble)

636 words. A drabble written at midnight (it's half past midnight now lol) so it makes pretty much no sense but the idea entertained my mind so here you go.

Moving seasons was always sad, leaving behind hours of work, memories and his home and having to start everything all over again. Having to rebuild everything he had just set up, always with the worry in the back of his mind that what if this season isn't as good as the last? What if the plot lines weren't to his taste? Of course, once they were a few days into the season Grian's worries would be gone, but before that he would be sad to leave until the happiness of arriving in a new place took over.

But, with all the negative aspects of moving seasons came the very appealing one that he got to see his family. He hadn't actually had a chance to when moving from season seven to eight, since he'd been travelling with the hermits instead of going separately, but he would this time. In fact, Taurtis, Oリᒷ and T∴𝙹 were the Watchers escorting them to the new season. Sure, he probably wouldn't get any private time to actually speak to them, but at least he got to see them. The only other time he got to see them were on his, Pearl's or Taurtis's birthday (Oリᒷ and T∴𝙹 had long forgotten their own).

So, after half an hour of sitting in the void and chatting to the other (now ex) members of Boatem, when he felt a purple flame start wrapping around him and teleporting him to the Watcher's End, he was quite excited. So was Pearl. Before he knew it, he was standing on an endstone island with the rest of the hermits, all summoned from wherever they'd ended up.

The group stayed quiet as the ominous, dark figures examined them. The trio smiled at Pearl from beneath their hoods and she subtly smiled back, before they landed on Xelqua. They frowned slightly, but not for more than half a second. Oリᒷ glanced at the other two, silently agreeing for them to do the speaking.

"Hello Hermits," T∴𝙹 greeted, "we will be taking you to the next season of Hermitcraft." They started as Oリᒷ walked to Xelqua. The hermits watched with curiosity, confusion and slight concern.

"Your presence is weak," they muttered quietly, putting a hand on his forehead for a second before moving it to tilt his head from side to side to examine him. The hermits watched with caution and T∴𝙹 gave up trying to distract them.

"What are you doing?" Xisuma asked, but received no reply.

Oリᒷ lit their hand on fire to look at him more for a second before realising what was wrong.

"Xelqua, why have you only got three quarters of a soul? What in Notch's name did you do with the other quarter?" They asked, their voice stern and strict, like a scolding parent, but not mean.

"Mumbo ate some of it." Xelqua replied quietly.

"Just when I thought you and your friends couldn't get any weirder." Oリᒷ sighed, defeated.

"I only let him have the human part!" Xelqua defended.

"You know what? I don't even want to know, just get it back by the next time we see you or I'll volunteer you to build obelisks on everyone's servers for two weeks." Oリᒷ said, walking back to the line of three gods.

"Nooo, the obelisks are so boring." Xelqua complained.

"Get your soul whole again then." T∴𝙹 said.

"Mumbo, don't give him his soul back." Pearl said.

"Shut up." Grian said to her as the Watchers began walking and the hermits had no choice but to follow.

"What the hell was that?" Scar asked.

"Nothing," Grian replied, lighting his hand on fire and wiping and building their memories to erase the entire event.