Dinner, Crushes, & Questions

Cormac's POV:
Sitting at dinner with everyone I begin to get nervous and Maggie can tell. She shoots me a look of approval and calmness. I take a deep breath sitting back in my chair. Meredith slides her hand onto my thigh. I curse myself silently knowing she can tell I'm tense. I look down at her hand, she copies my action then looks up at me. "You okay?" She asks I nod smiling. "I am." My smile becomes more genuine the longer I look at Meredith. I bring my hand to Meredith's cheek caressing it for a minute. She leans into my hand some. I lean down pecking her lips before pulling my hand away. Meredith leans closer to me resting her head on my shoulder "what's wrong?" I ask placing my hand over her on my leg. I squeeze her hand lightly "tired. I want cuddles." Meredith replies I nod "we're leaving soon. I have a few more surprises." I say kissing her forehead.

Meredith's POV:
"Mommy I like you pretty dress." Austin says pulling on the hem of it. "Thank you. Don't pull it buddy." I say looking at him. "Everyone is in pretty dresses." Austin explains holding up his hands. We all laugh "we are and look at you in that handsome suit" I reply. He pulls on his coat looking at the right of himself then the left. "I do look pretty handsome huh?" He says as our waitress comes back "you are very handsome." She says Austin looks at me with the biggest smile I widen my eyes at him "thank you." He says shyly. The waitress walks over to where he is bending down next to his chair. "Mommy. Mommy." He says looking at me. I chuckle looking at cormac who shakes his head "what's your name?" She asks. I nod at Austin telling him it's okay to answer. "Austin." He says looking down. "Hi Austin." She says. "What's your name?" Austin asks back. We are all watching him "I'm Liv." She replies. "You're like really beautiful." He says shyly. "Thank you." She replies while I look at Cormac. "Jesus Austin." He mumbles making me smile. "Do you see him being all flirty?" I ask. "Unfortunately. God I'm gonna need a shot." He replies. "Daddy... can I have a girl friend?" Austin questions Cormac. I bite my lip trying not to laugh as I widen my eyes. "Yeah daddy." I say looking him directly in the eyes. "Are you forty?" Cormac asks. Making Liv smile. "Uhm no I'm five..." Austin answers "than no." Cormac counters. "But dad!" Liv laughs next to Austin "Austin bud... I'm married." She says holding her left hand up.

Cormac's POV:
I look up at the ceiling praying to any higher power that Austin says nothing about Meredith and I.

"Woah." He says grabbing her hand. "Holy shit." Meredith exclaims looking at her hand as well. "I love that ring." Meredith says grabbing my arm. I look at Winston who is thinking exactly what I am. "Babe look." She says I smile at her "I see it." I reply "it's beautiful Liv." She smiles and nods. "Thank you." Liv replies. "Babe I want a ring like that. Look how there's- oh my god" Meredith coos over the ring like it's a baby. Maggie looks at me grinning. "Hey your bill is on me today guys. Thank you all for coming in and have a good night." Liv says standing up. "Oh my goodness no, Liv please it's probably so expensive we'll get it." I say shaking my head. "No really it's okay, I insist." She replies. "Thank you." Meredith says smiling "of course it's the least I can do." She says. "Hey handsome... have a good night bud." She says bending back down at Austin again. "Bye Liv. Thank you." He says. She stands back up waving at him before kissing his cheek. Austin looks at me jaw dropped I laugh looking at him. "She kissed me. Mom she kissed me." He says. I nod my head a little hurt that I was downgraded to mom instead of mommy. "I thought you call her mommy?" I question. "Dad... Shh." He says looking at Liv who laughs. "Bye guys." She says walking to her next table. "Liv." I call as we begin to walk to the door. I pull two one hundred dollars bills out of my pocket holding Meredith's hand. "For you to keep. Thank you for being so kind to Austin." I explain "oh no I'm not taking your money." She says shaking her head. "Please we let you get the bill." Meredith says smiling. "Thank you both so much." She takes the money and we say our good byes.

Meredith's POV:
Maggie and the kids ride with me to the beach while Winston and Cormac go by themselves. I wanted to go with Cormac but he wouldn't let me.

"You okay?" Maggie asks sitting on the passengers seat. "Yes.. I'm tired." I reply coldly. Maggie looks at me concerned "I'm okay Maggie." My voice softer now. She nods. "Cormac really loves you..." I smile immediately when she says his name. "He does." I reply with no response "do-" Maggie begins "I do." I interrupt her knowing exactly what she's going to ask.

"Did you see that ring?" I question changing the subject Maggie laughs. "I did. It was huge." She replies. I nod "it was. I never got a ring like that from Derek... I'm not upset about it but I feel like I almost missed out, you know?" I elaborate. Maggie nods. "I get it. Do you want to get married? Again?" She asks. I nod not speaking at first. "Ye-yeah. I do. To the right person... I don't know about a big wedding though." I reply earning a light chuckle from Maggie. "I can't wait for my wedding... flowers everywhere the big dress god I've dreamed about it since I was a little girl." I pull into the parking lot behind Cormac's rental car. "I was never like that. I wasn't the girl dreaming of prom, weddings, kids... it wasn't my thing." Maggie nods helping me get the kids out of the car.

Cormac's POV:
"Here's the ring... we'll be walking behind you guys spaced out. Listen man I'm here, whatever you need. A get-away car? I'll drive. A hug? I'm your man. A push? I got two hands..." Winston says looking at me as I look out the windshield "whiskey? I need to drown myself in whiskey." I reply making us both laugh. "Come on." He says going to open the door noticing I'm not moving. "Cory..." I nod taking a deep breath. "That too..." Winston says under his breath. I shake my head. "I just... I need a minute to just take in what I'm about to do." I explain resting my head back on the seat of the car. He nods. "I get it. You're about to be a married man." I laugh "no I'm not. I'm just... proposing. Proposing to Meredith grey..." I say mostly talking to myself. "Get away car time?" Winston jokes. "No." I look up closing my eyes. "Talking to god? You're religious?" Winston questions. "I'm not talking to god." I reply. "Wh-" I sigh looking at the box in my hand. "I'm talking to Abigail."

"This is beautiful." Meredith says holding my hand as we walk on the beach. I smile looking at her for a second. I was holding her heels in the hand she wasn't holding. Her hair was flowing in the wind. My shirt is unbuttoned some revealing my chest where Meredith's hand rests as we walk. "Here I'll hold those." Meredith says talking her shoes out of my hand. I was going to protest until Zola ran up behind us. "Mommy can I hold you pretty shoes?" She asks. Meredith nods handing her the heels watching her run back to Maggie and Winston.

Now is the time Cormac... find a way to distract her.

I think to myself as we walk.  The sun is setting over the water where Meredith stops for a second to watch.

How's your time... do it dumb ass

Meredith let's go of my hand bending down to look at some sea glass by her feet. I swiftly move to the other side of her dropping to knee. I smile slipping my hand in my pocket retrieving the black velvet box. I hear people gasp to my left causing everyone to look away from Meredith for a second. I look back to see her looking down at me with her hand over her mouth.

"From the day I saw you I knew- even with me being an ass- that I needed you in my life."

Meredith chuckles a little a I start my speech.

"I never thought I could love someone again the way I do with you. You are the reason I wake up in the morning, you are the reason I smile, you are the strongest person I know and the most beautiful person I know. I don't ever want to lose you. I love you so much sometimes it hurts. So i ask; Meredith Elizabeth Grey will you marry me?" I tear rolls down my face as I finish speaking waiting for Meredith to reply. Tears roll down her cheeks, her jaw drops as I open the box.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh I smiled so much writing this... uhm I'm not sure if I'm going to do a Merhayes wedding or end it now... let me know? What do we think Mer said?
*Didn't proofread.

Also picture for visual of everything