The verdict is...

"I never thought I could love someone again the way I do with you. You are the reason I wake up in the morning, you are the reason I smile, you are the strongest person I know and the most beautiful person I know. I don't ever want to lose you. I love you so much sometimes it hurts. So i ask; Meredith Elizabeth Grey will you marry me?" I tear rolls down my face as I finish speaking waiting for Meredith to reply. Tears roll down her cheeks, her jaw drops as I open the box.

"Yes! Yes! Oh my god" I reply, my voice cracking in the middle. Cormac picks me up spinning me in a circle I cup my hands on each side of Cormac's face kissing him. Everyone cheers as He places me down. Cormac slides the ring on my finger then we both look at it.

"I love you." Cormac whispers. I smile so much my eyes close as he kisses me again. I pull away Cormac's icy blue eyes lock with mine. He wraps his arm around my back and turns me to see Maggie, Winston and the kids. "We're engaged!" I say with my left hand resting on his chest.

I can't stop smiling. Cormac is all I want he fills a void Derek left... he can't replace Derek and I know I don't replace Abigail but he definitely helps me feel good again.

"Congratulations Meredith." Winston says holding Austin who is reaching for me. I take him joking him on my hip. "Thank you Winston." I reply as Maggie walks up to me tears in her eyes that she's trying to hide. "You're getting married." She almost whispers. I think it's because she's afraid if she talks anymore she'll start crying. "I am. I couldn't be happier." I reply to her looking directly at Cormac. "I'm happy for you." Maggie says placing a hand in my shoulder before walking with the kids down the beach the opposite way we are going.

Cormac and I walk hand in hand down the beach the water occasionally covering our feet. "You hate weddings..." Cormac says avoiding eye contact. I giggle looking up. "Despise them." I reply lightly squeezing his hand. "And didn't want to get remarried." He explains. "Mhm." My voice gave out at the end making my response sound more like a quiet moan. "So why did you say yes?" He questions "why did you ask?" I question back knowing he knows the answer to his question.

"Because I love you. Because when you leave in the middle of the night I wake up wanting your body with mine. Or when you don't spend the night and I can't fall asleep. My smile is genuine again and I have reason to laugh when I'm around you. I asked because I can't live without you." He explains making a tear especially my eye. I don't reply waiting for him to understand what I asked. "...oh." I laugh as we both look up at each other. "Oh... I love you goofball." I say mocking him at first. I lean closer to him resting on his arm and side some. He chuckles "I love you. I'm so happy you said yes." I pick my head up stopping walking. He turns around in front of me his hands finding their way to my hips. I move my hands up his arms locking them behind his neck. "Did... you think I'd say no?" I question teasing him. His eyes jump from my eyes to my lips multiple times. "Yeah. Yeah I was kinda scared Mer." He says. I push my lip out making a sad face. "Why? I've always wanted to get married with a big wedding, everyone from the hospital honeymoon for three months..." I smile looking at him as she lightly shakes his head. "Right." He says sarcastically. "Okay but did you think I'd really say no to you?" He looks at me for a minute I can tell he's trying to be careful with how he replies. "Babe." I pry. He nods. "I was actually scared you'd say no and we'd break up." Cormac's face slowly turns red as he explains how he feels. He looks down trying to avoid eye contact. I slip my hand under his chin gently pulling it up for he's looking at me. He looks directly in my eyes. His eyes full of emotion; bashful, happy, almost exposed. "I am never leaving you. Ever." I say looking him directly in the eyes pulling my hand slowly away from his face.

"What if I die? Or you?" Cormac questions. I smile "okay well let's not think about that..." I say taking his hand interlocking my fingers with his. "I'm still not leaving you." I whisper as we walk.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I have a long day today but wanted to give you guys something... is there foreshadowing in this? 👀 I couldn't proofread and apologize for it being so short. You'll probably get a mature chapter soon.