Home = You

It was the sixth day in Ray's apartment. Sam initially planned only to stay there until he got the house sorted but seeing how Shu Yi was seemingly rid of his worries with many people around him, Sam felt like staying there for longer would not be a bad idea. He took the time to install some new security features for his apartment which took longer that he thought.

Sam was sitting on the floor with one knee bent, using his arm to support his chin on the sofa. He stared at the snoozing man lying flat on the sofa, hugging one of the throw pillows on his chest. Sam slowly extended his hand as he noticed a fluff stuck on Shu Yi's long lashes.

"You pervert."

Sam's hand jerked away from the face of the sleeping man, gritting his teeth at the source of the voice. "Fuck off," Sam mouthed with a glare towards the man who just returned home from work.

"This is my house."

Sam rolled his eyes. He had been hearing that words a lot since his first day there. He knew Ray just said it out of attempt to annoy him and it had worked so far. Sam was about to stand up when he felt pain-like pin-and-needles in his legs.

"See? Pervert." Ray said in a hushed voice.

Sam raised his middle finger up on the centre of his lips. He wondered when would Chih Tian be back so he could keep his boyfriend in check. He straightened his legs on the floor, massaging the numbness away.

"Tell me. Does he already know?" Sam flinched at the unexpected whisper by his ear. Why is this man still here?

"Go away." Sam mouthed again but was replied with a slow-mo shook of Ray's head.

Their hushed exchanges and gestures paused as Shu Yi let out a soft groan with his brows knitted. Sam was relieved that Shu Yi went back to sleep soon after. He tried to stand up again as the numbness faded away, wanting to carry the conversation elsewhere. To his displeasure, his shoulders were pushed down by the bulky man, who asked, "You confessed, didn't you?"

Sam led the corner of his eyes towards the man he wholly adored, a smile crept up his face before he showed his pearly teeth to the nudnik but the smile didn't last long as Ray exclaimed loudly.

"I knew it!"

"You're back?" Sam softened his face as he turned his head back towards Shu Yi who was awakened by the yell.

"Yeah, an hour ago. You should go back to sleep." Sam said as he threaded a hand through Shu Yi's hair, kissing his forehead as the man slowly drifted to sleep again, unbothered by the fact that Ray was still there. He knew Shu Yi had been having trouble sleeping at night. The stress from the break-in and the intermittent nightmares must have exhausted him.

"Nice."

Sam jumped on his feet and immediately pulled Ray to the kitchen. He loosened his tie, feeling somewhat boiling from having to handle his friend's nosiness. Sam scowled at the sly smile on Ray's face. "You got your answer, so please, go make yourself scarce."

"My show is airing in 5 minutes." Ray pointed towards the watch on his wrist.

Sam let out a harsh sigh, punches between friends are allowed right? Sam glanced towards the 65 inch 4K curve TV placed right opposite of the sofa Shu Yi was currently sleeping in. He also remembered that the show must be the one his friend was invited to give a talk to last month.

"Watch it in your room then!" Sam knew Ray had another big TV in his room, something Ray had been forcing Sam to also have at home for whatever reasons.

"I don't really need to watch it but where's the fun in that?"

"Urgh, nevermind." Sam gave up as he walked towards Shu Yi who was in deep sleep evident for his slightly opened lips. He paced in front of the sofa before deciding to slide his hands under Shu Yi's knees and body to carry the man into the bedroom. He ignored the content smirk from the bystander, shushing the squirming man in his arms.

As soon as he placed Shu Yi on the bed, he closed the door to the room while glaring at the owner of the house.

"It's too cold, come back."

Sam heard Shu Yi muttered as the man twist to lie on his side, opening his eyes with a pout.
"I'm here. Go back to sleep." Sam rushed to sit on the edge of the bed. He smiled as Shu Yi placed his head on his thighs, burying his face against Sam's stomach and his arms around Sam's waist.

Shu Yi shook his head at the suggestion, sending tingles on Sam's legs. He held back from tapping his foot on the floor. Something he'd do whenever he's nervous.

"Have you eaten?"

"I bought us dinner." Sam answered as he toyed with a lock of Shu Yi's hair while Shu Yi buried himself deeper, nuzzling his nose onto Sam's work clothes.

"I haven't showered. Let me-"

Shu Yi shook his head again, "You smell nice. Stay."

Sam smiled and deliberated for a while before deciding to make his way across to lie beside Shu Yi when he pulled Shu Yi in his arms.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." Sam responded while pacing his intake of breaths. Shu Yi placing his head on his chest was making him slightly vulnerable of exposing his rising heart rate.

"Do you think the robbers will ever be caught? Do you want them caught?"

"Mm, sure. Just so that they learn their lessons. Why?" Sam tensed his abs as he felt circles on them from Shu Yi's finger as he thought about his meeting with the police officers a few days ago. A report was all he could do, getting the same advice to stay calm and wait for their investigation.

"You are too nice Lin Zi Hong. Akuin'akka."

"Hm?" Sam lifted a brow, Shu Yi speaking in Japanese made Sam felt some type of way.

"Evil cause, evil effect."

"Oh, like, an eye for an eye?"

"Yeah, you reap what you sow. I don't think throwing them in jail would make them any better. They'd just do it again once they're out."

"Mm, that's true but I think everyone deserves a second chance."

"Even if they hurt the person you love?"

"No one is gonna hurt you."

"I get it, you love me."

The corner of Sam's mouth quirked up. He pulled the man impossibly closer to his body.
I do. You just don't know how much.

------------------------------

A/N: Guysss are you ready for the second arc? I'm scared~~~

Just a heads up, I'll be changing the POV for the next chapters.

Thank you for reading, as always, ILYG!