Epilogue - Part 7

Sam parked his car at a familiar place. They have settled down in Jiufen for many months now but Sam was busy with his clinic and Yu found ease in just staying home, so they'd just go out for walks once in a while in the nearby parks. Two years were too short for Yu to not remember the first stone of the steps that laid the foundation of the Jiufen Old Street. Sometimes, when the sky was clear and the sun shone bright, he could see some part of the famous street even from the window of their bedroom but now that he was actually there again, he could feel surge of emotions filling his whole being.

As they walked up the stairs hand in hand, at times stopped to give ways for tourists to snap pictures, Yu traced his memories from the last time they were there together. Like over two years ago, they didn't bother to stop to enter the small shops along the stairs. It was similar, he was with Sam then, and he's with Sam now. The only different was, now, he felt more at ease.

He recalled his wakeful night as Sam asked him to go with him to Jiufen. He remembered his silent scream the first time he stepped into the beautiful street. Is this a date!? This place is too beautiful, this has to be a date, he remembered thinking that. Sam was beside him this time, holding his hand and pulling him close whenever it became too crowded to pass through but back then, he was a couple steps behind. He remembered following the back of Sam whom would often turned to look back to see if he was okay, maybe Sam was afraid Yu couldn't catch up or maybe Sam was afraid he would disappear within the masses of people but Yu wasn't paying attention to such detail. His eyes were eyeing the vacant hand of the man in front of him, contemplating Sam's reaction if he was to grab that hand into his or if he could just hug that arm as they stroll along the street, just like the many young couples there that day.

The recollection to one of the best memories of his life was interrupted by a sudden squeeze of his hand. He snapped back to see the entrance of the tea house they had visited before and the face of the person that easily stood out in the crowd.

Sam easily noticed the distanced expression on his boyfriend's face, his brows crooked as his smile was left unreturned. "What are you thinking about?"

"You."

Contented with the unhesitant answer, Sam pulled him into the tea house, gave his order to the waiter and walked towards the seating on the balcony outside.

"Ouh." He moaned as he saw 'their' table was already taken. Yu pulled him this time, towards another table a bit deeper into the terrace and pushed him into his seat.

"This is fine too. The view here is as beautiful." Yu comforted as he sat on the opposite end of the small table.

Sam was a little disappointed. Their trip there was unplanned but he really wanted to recreate their last trip there together, and even though they were just a few tables away, only half of the mountain could be seen, not mentioning the crowd of tourists taking pictures around the area. Finished looking around dejectedly, the smiling face pitched closer to him came into his view and a soft deep kiss was planted on his lips.

Breaking their kiss, Yu propped his chin on his palm and looked into the two deep expressive eyes and let himself lost inside the stare of the man unfathomable by words. In those eyes, carried hint of pain, a fleck of wary and a whole lot of love; that Yu believed, he possessed only to share and give. Sam was a person that knows no limit to his love and Yu was a person that could take it all in and gave him back all the same and more.

Who cares about the view when the whole world is in those beautiful eyes?

It took both of them too long, yet the time felt just right. There wasn't a rainbow to reminisce, tourist were flooding in and stomping around, chasing away the birds and the calm morning but their unconscious wouldn't allow their eyes to fixate on anything else but each other. 

Sam was perfect, and so Yu loved him. Yu was flawless, and so Sam fell for him. When reality knocked, their visions didn't shatter; Sam was still perfect and Yu was still flawless for they loved each other.