Home Again

"L..Lin Zi Hong?" Yu's eyes fall onto a man who owned his heart. The well-built man was looking the best Yu had ever seen him; in a dark grey suit over a black shirt, his blowout hair was slightly longer than Yu remembered.

"You don't sound happy." Sam walked a step closer to the stock-still man in front of him. He extended both his hands to hold Yu's arms but Yu turned his face away and shook Sam's hands off before darting into his kitchen. Sam picked up the ladle Yu dropped earlier and followed him inside the restaurant, watching as Yu instructed a young girl to close the restaurant for the day. Sam was worried of two things upon revealing himself in front of Yu; that Yu would be mad that Sam lied to him or that Yu have moved on and now, Sam wasn't sure which was it.

"You're alive." Yu finally faced Sam once he got into his kitchen, watching as Sam washed off the dirt covered ladle he thought he left outside just now. He took off his apron and placed it on his working space. His hand was gripping the apron on the table, his voice quivered as he tried to keep himself steady.

Sam closed the distance between them after he dried off his hands with a towel as he noticed Yu's reddened face and watery eyes. The man was not meeting his eyes. "I'm sorry," Sam said as he again tried to hold Yu.

"No, you can't be here." Yu spoke in a stern voice but he wasn't scaring anyone.

Sam lowered his hand back to his sides. "Do you want me to leave?" Sam asked, his voice was still as soft as ever in Yu's ears. The question was answered with silence. Patient as always, Sam waited for the man to answer but Yu hunched lower and lower, his shoulder shook as his sobs went louder.

"Please, don't cry. I'll.. I'll leave." Sam took a step back but his unbuttoned suit was grabbed onto. He held onto the two arms that were obviously preventing him from leaving.

"You're..alive" Sam heard in between soft whimpers and sniffles. Yu was still hunching, hiding his face. Holding onto the man he thought was ghost a few minutes ago felt surreal. And what hurt him was that he thought he would have to let the man go again soon no matter how hard he grabbed onto him.

"Shh.. It's okay. We can go home now."

Yu straightened his back to finally look into Sam's eyes. His glistening eyes unblinking as he asked, "What.. What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. I'm bringing you home. You.. I mean, we are safe now." Sam answered with a wide smile. His fear was unfounded; Yu wasn't mad and he had not moved on, he's just worried of his safety.

Yu blinked as the tears kept pouring out of his eyes. He lurched himself forward, his hands on Sam's suit pulled Sam closer to him as he fall into Sam's hug. He took everything in; the warmth, the scent, the feeling of getting wrapped up in a cocoon and the feeling of Sam's heart beating against his.

"I'm sorry." Yu choked as he felt hand stroking his back. Sam was just as how Yu remembered him to be. So gentle in comforting. The only person Yu would ever show his vulnerable self.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." Sam had no idea how many times he had been visiting the detectives to ask about Yu, to ask if he could go and get him just one day sooner. Even with the countless warnings from the police, Sam could not wrap his head around the fact that someone would want to kill Yu or the fact that Yu was as dangerous as the people looking for him. In Sam's eyes, he was just adorable.

"I don't care. I don't care. You're alive. That's all that matter."

"Let me see.." Sam proceeded to break the hug to see the face of the man in front of him. He wiped Yu's wet cheeks and used his hand to tilt Yu's head slightly.