Dead Inside

One month later.

Yu left the phone Sam had bought him ringing. The detectives from before had been trying to reach him non-stop since Sam died. He didn't want to hear an 'I told you so' from the two who he reckoned tried to help him from day one. He didn't need to be reminded of his mistake.

He slid his hand through the sleeve of the black suit prepared for him and fixed the same colored tie around his neck. Evan told him the day before that Machida was seen entering one of the Japanese company Yu knew was previously under Oyabun's reign. The place he took over when he shot the old man twice in the head. He didn't even bother to show respect by letting Oyabun do the deed himself.

Sitting at the back of a heavily tinted Benz' S limousine, Yu made his way to the large building in the centre of Taipei. Yu couldn't possibly win the battle with the manpower Machida hold in Japan but he knew he atleast have the chance to try in Taipei. He could make Taipei his turf, just like Oyabun made Tokyo his own but Yu wasn't aiming for that. He just wanted Machida to pay.

He strided into the building after getting off the car with two men behind him, both in black suits. Evan and Richard were formerly from a group of triads that Oyabun had successfully dismantled even before they could become a threat. Out of Yu's will, Oyabun sent him to supervise their operations in the mountainous island, leaving the two men to be his right hands. Now that Yu had no one he could trust in Japan, he had no choice but to believe in his Taiwanese counterparts. Evan and Richard reminded him of the old Machida; loyal and full of spirit but Machida had always been the ambitious type, Yu just never thought to what extent.

He waited for Richard to work his spell at the concierge before he was led to the top floor.

"Sir, may I know if you- Sir, please. Mr. Wang is still in a meeting."

Yu ignored the hands that tried to stop him and opened the door that had Mr. Wang's name on it. He was met with four pair of eyes sitting on the couches with wine in their hands. Yu smirked and bowed half-heartedly at the party he just crashed.

"Leave." Richard instructed from behind him, lifting one side of his suit to reveal a Glock-26 half hidden inside his pants, "Now."

It didn't take long before it was just them and Mr. Wang. Yu walked to the left, towards Mr. Wang's empty desk and took his seat in front of the computer while Richard and Evan stood guard by the door. His fingers were typing on the keyboard when Mr. Wang spoke, "What the hell are you doing!? You won't get away with this. Who are you!?"

"Mr. Dylan Wang. The CEO of the first company to ever break the Chinese Techs Market. Happily married with a second child on the way." Yu read bits of the information he found on the internet.

"What a beautiful looking family. It's.. annoying. " Yu's face was still hidden behind the monitor, but his tone was chilling even to Evan's ears. In the short years he was under Yu's command, Yu had always been strict but never cruel. He never resorted to violence, not that Evan had any problem with it.

"What do you want!?" The CEO tried to stand but sat back on his seat upon a signal from Richard.

"Tell me Dylan, with whose help did you manage to become a CEO at your age? You pledged your loyalty to Oyabun, then why are you working with the one who took his life. You know what we do with traitors."

"I.. I didn't know that."

"Pick a better excuse. Tell me you're stupid or something." Yu stood up, pushing the swivel chair backwards to hit the wall behind him. He walked towards the front of the desk to take a seat on it, knocking a few things off onto the floor. He fiddled with a yellow paper cutter he found laying around on the desk.

"I really don't know anything! Machida just came by to say that he now run the Maruyama clan. He just wanted to know me that's all! Even- Even if I have anything to tell you, I'd be dead anyway. He'll kill me!"

Yu closed his eyes and slightly puckered his lips to whistle a short tune. His long legs were swinging.

"What are you doing!?" Mr. Wang shouted as Evan forced him to stand and kicked the back of his knees to make him kneel on the floor.

Yu opened his eyes, the smirk never left his face. He jumped onto his feet and walked towards the man on the floor.
"I can almost foresee your next business magazine's headline," Yu said callously as he squatted down and grabbed the man's hand. His other hand pushed out the paper cutter's blade he had been holding from its' casing and placed it in between the sweating man's thumb and forefinger. "..CEO lost his finger from a dog bite."

"Arghh! Stop! Stop! I'll tell you everything! Please."

"Go on." Yu was still holding the man's hand with the cutter near the shallow cut from earlier, slightly bleeding.

"Ok ok. Ah, umm.. He..Machida wants me to smuggle out his drugs out of Taiwan through one of my shipments."

"Uhuh." Yu pressed the blade deeper into the fresh cut.

"No! Wait! It's in five days, out to Philippines. I'll- I'll tell you everything."

"Will he be there?"

"I don't know, really."

"Make sure he's there. And pray to god I got to him before he got to you. Losing a finger can't be worse than dying right?" Yu said as he let the man go. He noticed the man looking at the Phoenix tattoo on Evan's wrist, His gaze shifted between Yu's hand and Evan's. The Yakuza families were often recognizable from their distinct tattoo and phoenixes represented the Maruyama's clan. Mr. Wang must have been looking for one on Yu's wrist too.

"What? You want one too? I'll have it tattooed on your dick would you like that pretty face?" Richard snarled from the side.

"No. No. I'm Sorry. Machida will be there. I'll make sure of it."