Earthen Beast Alert

It was time for Summer Camp.

"What's this? I hear that some of the Class 1-A students are doing supplementary classes! Does that mean some of you actually failed the finals?!" Monoma gloated, "Oh, how embarrassing! You must all be wallowing in shame-"

Izumi, once again tired of his bullshit, slammed her retractable rod into his throat, causing him to choke.

"I don't know why you hate Class 1-A that much, nor do I particularly care, but I'm sick and tired of it. I believe I've made myself clear about the difference in experience between Class 1-A and Class 1-B. Do not make me repeat myself."

"Be that as it may, you all-"

Monoma was unable to continue as Kendo slammed her hand into his neck, "Sorry about him!"

Everyone in Class 1-A just stared as Kendo dragged Monoma onto the bus.

The bus was very rowdy, Izumi had to retreat into the back of her mind for a while, blocking out all sound for about two hours.

When the bus stopped, everyone stepped off, but what the found was a cliff.

Izuku appeared next to Izumi, "Please don't let this be what I think it is."

Izumi sighed, "Knowing our luck, it probably is."

Everyone was stretching their legs whilst Aizawa introduced them to two members of the Wild, Wild Pussycats. 

Then Pixie Bob looked over the cliff, "The camp is in that direction, if you're quick, you should be able to get there in three hours."

Izumi inwardly groaned, this really was turning out to be what Izuku thought it was going to be.

Mandalay and Pixie Bob smiled menacingly as the mountain shifted and threw the students off the cliff.

Izumi and Izuku flew through the air, catching as many students as they could and helping them land upright, Izuku groaned in frustration, "Of course that one time I get a bad feeling, I don't act on it!"

Izumi sighed, "Well, we're here now, but what do we do about those?" She pointed to a few earthen beasts.

Minetta, however, didn't listen, and rushed into the forest to take a piss.

The earthen beasts started to move towards them, and Izumi had no choice but to draw her retractable staff.

The twins moved through the ranks of the earthen beasts, clearing a path for the other students to move through. Meanwhile, everyone else was also pitching in, using their quirks to the best of their ability to plow through the earthen beasts.

Izumi and Izuku worked together, with Izuku stealing the energy from the earthen beasts, transferring said energy to Izumi, and letting Izumi replenish the energy and stamina of the other students.

Izumi was also using her wings as weapons, slicing through any earthen beast that came close to their little group.

...

By the time they reached the camp, it was already sundown.

"Well, you guys did better than expected!" Pixie Bob grinned, "Especially you four!"

She pointed at Izumi, Izuku, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

Almost immediately, Pixie Bob fussed over them like a worried mother.

"Alright, y'all will have to cook for yourselves! Come on, get started! Or would you rather starve?" Mandalay announced, prompting everyone to get started. 

Izumi noticed a young boy in the background, "Who's the kid?"

Mandalay, who was near Izumi's group consisting of herself, Izuku, Uraraka and Iida, walked over.

"That's Kota, my nephew, or I guess first cousin, once removed. His parents were killed in the line of duty, and he now stays with us." She explained, "He was very young at the time, and didn't understand how heroes worked, and now he's convinced that by being a hero, one must leave their family behind."

Izumi glanced at Kota in sympathy, "That must be very tough."

Mandalay nodded, "Try to ignore his comments from time to time. And don't be surprised when he starts badmouthing heroes."

Izuku sighed, "Sounds like he's one hell of a kid to deal with."

Mandalay chuckled, "He's quite cooperative, actually, but yeah, he's quite a handful."

Izumi then stood up with a few bowls filled with food, "Dinner's served."

As everyone sat on their tables to eat, Izumi noticed Kota sneaking away.

She excused herself and followed Kota with a bowl of food.

She found him overlooking a cliff edge, and dropped down next to him.

"I brought food. Want some?"

The boy jumped at the sound of her voice, but eventually gave in and took some food.

"Your parents were killed by a villain too, huh?" Izumi asked.

That question took Kota by surprise.

"They killed yours too?"

Izumi nodded, "That was about ten, eleven years ago."

Kota pulled his knees up to his chest, "I just don't understand why heroes have to be so stupid."

Izumi put a hand on Kota's shoulder, "I'm sure your parents wanted you to live, that's why they sacrificed themselves in line of duty."

Kota pulled away, "But at what cost?! I survive, but they're dead! In the end, it would've been better for us to just run! Heroes are unreliable! They don't solve anything!"

He was crying.

Izumi activated her quirk, drawing some of the emotional pain away from Kota.

"Let me tell you a story." She said, "After my mother died, I was taken in by pro heroes, just like you." She opened her hand, and the energy from the absorbed pain sprung into life, illustrating her words. "There is no difference between heroes and civilians, in all honesty. Everyone just wants to live. I understand your view, I really do. Villains are really just very unlucky civilians who were born with a horrible life. But what else can we do? Most heroes in the world only seek to stop villains for the recognition, for the money, but there is one difference between them and a true hero." The image in her hand shifted to an illustration of All Might.

"A true hero fights villains up until their last breath. They inspire people to become better. The most important of all, they do it with no regards of their own life, because the life of a single pro hero is nothing compared to the lives of the people they save. A hero does not back down from a villain, even if they are on their last legs, because by fighting the villain, the hero can ensure the civilians get away safely." Izumi explained, "Your parents were true heroes, but I'm sure they never intended to leave you to your own devices."

Then the image in her hand transformed into a fire.

"This fire represents the determination of Pro Heroes to make sure the civilians are safe. Your parents took that pledge and added to this fire. They kept the civilians, including you, safe." She said, and then pressed her hand into Kota's chest.

"This fire, their legacy, now burns within you. You want to hate heroes? Fine. I won't stop you from doing so. But understand that a hero does more than what you think."

A/N: Wise words, Izumi. Wise words.

Why are you still writing? You're out of time!

I suppose. Welp, if you all enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following. It helps out a lot.

Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Shadowflame 95, signing out

Photonfrost 95, signing out