Hope on Wings

Izumi and All Might arrived at the scene, noticing the same sludge illain that attacked Izumi earlier that day attacking innocent civilians.

Izumi's eyes widened when she spotted Katsuki Bakugo, her former childhood friend, trapped within the villain. Other heroes were trying but failing to engage, some of them were getting hurt due to the sludge villain harnessing Bakugo's quirk and using it to cause chaos.

"He's too slippery to grab! We can only wait for another hero with a more suitable quirk! Focus on rescuing the civilians!" One of them, Death Arms, yelled to the other heroes.

Izumi didn't pay attention to what other people were saying.

She tunnel visioned on the one person in need of aid.

Bakugo.

Izumi then did something she instantly regretted.

She slammed into the sludge villain, hardening her wings to knock him back, it also slightly released his hold on Bakugo as he fought back against the impact.

Izumi spun in midair, her wings at their maximum wingspan, easily slicing through the sludge villain, giving her an opportunity to grab Bakugo and pull him out of the sludge.

"What the hell are you doing here, stupid Deku?!" He yelled at her when she attempted to pull him out of the sludge.

"Well, you looked like you needed help, and I can't ignore someone in need of aid." Izumi coolly replied, then proceeded to rip Bakugo out of the sludge whilst flapping her wings ferociously to knock the villain back.

All Might then came in with a Detroit Smash. The sludge splattered all over the place, the punch was so powerful it changed the weather and made it rain.

All Might seemed to be at his limit, but he still raised a fist in victory.

The crowd cheered, not only for All Might, but for Divinity, the Streetwise Healer.

The media reporters swarmed them, but Divinity quickly excused herself and left.

On her way back home, Izumi detected a very rapid drumming, like someone was running.

She turned around to see Bakugo running up to her, "DEKU!!!"

Izumi sighed, she really didn't want to deal with him, she should've just left him in the sludge villain's control, "What do you want, Kacchan?"

At this point, she uses her childhood nickname for him in a more of a mocking manner than an adoring manner.

"You didn't save me, alright? I didn't need your help!" He yelled, then turned around and walked back where he came from.

'What? Did he run all the way over here to catch up to me just to tell me that?' Izumi thought as she turned back to walk home.

"Young Midoriya!"

'Of course.' Izumi thought.

"Hello, Mr. Yagi." Izumi said with a small wave.

All Might deflated, revealing the same Toshinori Yagi that Izumi remembered.

"Young Midoriya, I want you to have my quirk."

That one line caught Izumi off-guard, the usually well-composed teenager snapped her head to stare at Yagi with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, you want me to what?" She asked, "How would that even work?"

Yagi chuckled, "My quirk works a bit differently compared to other quirks, whilst other quirks can only be passed down through heritage, mine can only be passed down through transferal."