The Ghost of a Smile

For weeks afterwards, the students of Class 1-A mourned Izumi's death.

Izuku took it the hardest. He thought that since his sister, whose body was the host for his soul, was now dead, he would disappear too. But he's still here.

As much as he liked being alive, he would've preferred being dead with his sister as opposed to  living on without her.

The loss experienced by Class 1-A did not go unnoticed by the media and the rest of the school.

Some medias have started losing faith in heroes.

"UA has experienced a death of a student, are the heroes not enough to protect the civilians anymore?" A news channel reported.

Others were more interested in what happened.

"The death of a UA student is concerning enough, but from what we've been told, the student went out like a true hero."

Then there were the rare few that were actually supportive of UA.

"UA's loss of a student is not to be taken lightly, although perhaps it's saying something about our new generation of heroes. Divinity, as most of you know her, was killed whilst protecting fellow students, like a true hero. If the new generation of heroes were truly like that, then our world would be in much safer hands."

The teachers of UA publicly apologized for putting the students in danger, including the principal. 

But with the death of Divinity, there were a lot more vigilante activities.

"Divinity's death brings about an increase in vigilantism. Is this perhaps the beginning of a new era?"

Aizawa turned off the television.

"Vigilantism, huh?" Izuku sighed, "My sister's death caused all that?"

It has now been a month, and the media was still buzzing about Izumi's death.

By now, Class 1-A had all received their provisional licenses with the exception of Todoroki, who failed the exam due to his conflict with another examinee, Inasa, who also failed the exam.

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose, "I would complain about the increase in vigilante activity, but right now, that's probably what us heroes need at the moment."

Izuku turned to Aizawa, "By the way, what's the special mission for the Shie Hassaikai?"

"Oh, right. I haven't told you, but you and I will be taking part in the Yakuza Raid mission along with Sir Nighteye, Fat Gum, and Ryukyu. Including some other pro heroes and sidekicks as well."

Izuku nodded, "Well, when is it?"

"The meeting is tomorrow."

Izuku mentally facepalmed, of course he isn't notified of this until a day before the meeting.

"Alright, let me get my gear ready."

...

The meeting was a fiasco. 

They were organized, but still in chaos.

Some of the pro heroes weren't convinced that Izuku and some other UA students should be there.

But it all worked out in the end when Sir Nighteye devised their plan to raid the Shie Hassaikai.

They were going to start tomorrow.

"Kids, there is a very likely chance that the League of Villains are involved, but we can't pull you out of the plan now, however, they show up, you're out, got it?" Aizawa stared at them with piercing eyes.