3

Karlie

"How's the new assistant?" Alex asked I tensed a little thinking of Taylor. She was something made me feel things easily I didn't like it. "She's good." Really good.

"She's the blonde right?" He asked finishing his salad I nodded standing up to throw away our trash. "Pretty huh?" He smirked I nodded not making a big deal out of it. The guys around here were ruthless sure Taylor was pretty but I didn't want to imagine me fucking the shit out of the girl I know it's what's running through each of those guys minds.

I've only worked with her a week she's sweet and has a daughter which probably means she has a boyfriend or something.

"See you Monday!" Alex waved I returned the wave walking back to my office Taylor sat finishing her lunch. "Sorry I didn't know-

"You can finish your lunch Taylor." I smiled taking a seat at my desk she nodded finishing her sandwich. "Karlie I uhm can I ask for a favor?" She asked I nodded staring up at her.

"Jade she's sick well the school called my friend can pick her up it'll only be one time can I pick her up?" She asked I nodded "Go take care of her Taylor." I smiled she thanked me getting her bag before leaving.

I stared at the paper I was supposed to be filling out. I liked Taylor's presence too much. I looked at the couch she was sitting on a minute ago my lips curved upward into a smile staring at the beige cardigan.

I knew she was only down the hall but not giving it to her right now gave me a reason to call her later. This isn't going to end well I shouldn't be doing this but I can't help myself.

It was Friday meaning I'd stop by the bar I usually did today I didn't feel as motivated I was only thinking of Taylor.

Toni: Hey I'm off work tonight maybe we could get dinner?

I stared at the text knowing how much I was hurting her. She knew it all the cheating the drinking but she stayed I tried hard to let her go but she didn't want to. Toni and I have been together for 4 years now we were in love got married the first year of dating everything only went downhill from there.

Me: Sorry working late maybe tomorrow?

Toni: That's fine, be safe I love you

Me: I love you too.

No you don't Karlie.

You're hurting her.

I need to get drunk.

_______________________________

"The usual?" Bella smiled I nodded downing the shot as soon as it touched my fingers then another. I felt them hit me immediately my problems floating away. I stuck to beers after that not wanting to get too wasted.

I looked around the bar scanning the people a few girls caught my eye I seemed to have caught theirs as well a tall brunette stared my way a sly smile on her lips.

"Sorry I'm not interested."

I heard someone behind me mumble I didn't bother turning around.

"Get off!" The girl yelled slightly louder I turned this time seeing those piercing blue eyes.

"Taylor?"

"Karlie! Babe!" She smiled

Babe?

"Hey?"

"This guy was trying to take me home babe." She mumbled in a slight whisper only I could hear over the loud music. I got the hint wrapping my arm around her. "Can I help you?" I asked staring at the guy.

"No sorry." He stared at us confused walking away.

"Thank you." She turned in my arm I still held her close. "Of course." I smiled

"You don't seem to be taking care of Jade?" I smirked she blushed of embarrassment. "I was I picked her up my friend Selena was waiting at my house out of surprise she really wants me to get back out there find someone.." she said

"Oh."

She's not seeing anyone?

But you are Karlie.

"Yea I'm so sorry for missing work-

"Don't be so hard on yourself Taylor." I smiled finally letting go of her waist it felt like we both missed the contact. "Who was the guy?"

"He just wanted to take me home." She replied taking a sip from her drink. "Isn't that what you want?" I asked coming out ruder than I expected.

"No. I shouldn't be here I'll just stick to dating apps." She laughed. "I thought I was your girlfriend?" I smirked she blushed a little turning away. "I'm straight."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"That's a shame." I shrugged she laughed a little, god I enjoyed that laugh.

"Well I should get going it was nice seeing you here." I smiled standing up from the bar stool. Taylor stared at me biting her lip before speaking. "I'm not thinking right now."

"Hmm?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Come home with me."