37

Karlie

"I don't know Karlie."

"Come on what makes this any different!" I asked raising my voice. "Karlie this..this girl was very important to you just a few years ago now you want her dead. I don't think you're thinking correctly." He said

"She's threatening to ruin my life Jackson. You know she's gonna fucking impregnate herself!" He let out a long shaky sigh. "Why don't you go to the cops?"

"We've never gone to the cops Jack."

"What about that girl you're with right now?"

"Taylor?"

"Yea is she going to believe Toni got into an accident and died? You've told her about us. You know you're only still alive because you're my best worker. If something between you and Taylor happens she doesn't believe you she gets scared and if she goes to the cops we're all dead you know-

"She'll believe it. She thinks we're getting a divorce."

"I'll have to think about this more. Don't to anything stupid kloss." He warned I nodded standing up we shook hands and I left his office walking to my car.

I drove to Taylor's she asked me to get a few things for her and Jade after that I picked up food and drive home.

"Hey." I smiled kissing her as she opened the door.

"Hi." She smiled taking the things I set the food down and picked up Ezra from his walker. "Hey you little monster." I smiled ticking him he giggled grabbing my finger and started biting it. "Ow!" I laughed

"JADE! Come eat!" Taylor called Jade came running to the kitchen her hair stuck to her forehead a little and her hands messy with glue. "What are you doing?" I asked ruffing her hair put up in a ponytail she smiled smacking it away. "Working." She said jumping on a stool and grabbed her nuggets.

"She's a working girl now." Taylor laughed taking out her burger. "Can I know what?"

"Nope." Jade smiled

"Will I know eventually?"

"Yes."

"Hmm okay." I smiled sitting down next to her Ezra on my hip. "You're getting so tall kid!" I said she smiled with fried in her mouth. "Yea the doctor said she's gonna be tall. She's already 4'7."

"Wow you're gonna be really tall huh?" I smirked "Yea like mom and you!" She smiled I nodded hugging her from the side before letting go to get my drink.

"Babe you know I hate mustard!" Taylor groaned I rolled my eyes "I was rushing I forgot." She shrugged but didn't let me get away without a glare. "Can I eat in my room?" Jade asked blinking her eyes a lot which always worked on Taylor. "Jade..."

"PLEASE MOM! I told you what I..I'm working on!" She said quietly looking at me then back at Taylor. "Fine just this one time."

"Yay!" Jade jumped off the stool and grabbed her food running to her room but she quickly ran back and planted a kiss on my cheek then on Ezra's again the ran to her room. "Oh my god I love her." I laughed Taylor smiled nodding. "She's crazy."

"What's she working on?" I asked curiously "I can't tell."

"I hate waiting but I guess I will." I shrugged Ezra started to move in my arm I put him down on the carpet where he crawled and sat playing with a few of his toys I turned back to Taylor. "Whatcha thinking about?" I asked standing from my seat to kiss her. "About how I have to wait 8 more months till I have another Ezra." She pouted I smiled "It's best that way babe."