Chapter Twelve

YOU DIED

"Are you kidding me?! I did everything exactly as you showed me!" Throwing my hands up in defeat when I died for roughly the tenth time.

We had spent the last hour playing, laughing and endlessly teasing one another—mainly him teasing me on how terrible I was at the video game.

"You really are bad at this, even with the best player tutoring you," he mocked.

"Who's that?" I asked with feigned ignorance,

"Haha, funny! Maybe if you stopped fidgeting around so much you would land one of your shots," his lips curled up playfully into a grin that I was fond of very much already.

"I can't help it, it's instinctive for me to move around in a fight. Such bullshit! If that was real life I wouldn't need a gun to put them on their asses. Trust me!" I pouted, dropping the controller to the floor with a soft clatter before dramatically falling back on the bed, draping my forearm across my face.

I really like this side of him. He's much more fun and relaxed, compared to the usually cold and distant demeanour he holds when he's around everyone else.

"Is that so? I would love to see that one day," a raspy chuckle escaped his chest. A sound similarly addictive to his smile and aroma.

However, I hadn't realised that when I raised my arms, the hem of my top had lifted slightly. Revealing a large healing bruise on my abdomen that was slowly turning from a deep purple to a sickly green.

Shigaraki's laughing stopped suddenly, the silence becoming increasingly uncomfortable. The feeling of his fingertips grazing lightly over the skin above my waistband sent sparks of panic throughout me.

Don't touch me.

Without knowing his true intentions I jolted up and quickly clambered back across the bed, my back pressing up against the wooden headboard, wide-eyed and startled. My heart was beating out of my chest, breaths leaving me fast and sharp. I stared at a puzzled Shigaraki.

"Hey!" He surrendered, holding his hands up. "It's not what you think, I didn't mean to scare you. Calm down, Mina. It's me," he soothed, changing from his usually harsh tone to one unusually soft.

"Why did you touch me?" I demanded, still rapidly breathing.

"Your hurt, did he do that to you?" Pointing towards my abdomen.

I looked down at what it was he was referring to. The bruise Kai had kindly gifted my flesh with had started to heal up nicely, looking a lot better than it did a few days prior. I barely noticed them nowadays, they were a normal occurrence. Yeah, the first few days would be pretty lousy, the pain making everything so much more difficult. Even simple tasks like walking could be agonising but I was now accustomed to the feeling.

However, these were nothing compared to what he was capable of doing, internally shuddering at the thought of what his quirk had done in the past.

"This is what happens when Kai doesn't get his way," nervously chuckling to myself, casting my doleful eyes down. My body started to relax knowing that his intentions were purely innocent. "This one in particular, was a result of your first meeting together," peering timidly up at him.

A sadness clouded across his features as he looked over at me, eyes full of guilt.

"He did that to you because of me? I'm sorry..."

"How would you have known? You didn't know I even existed till only a couple of days ago."

I sat up and crept towards the centre of the bed, a part of me wanting to be closer to him.