Chapter Twenty Eight

The last two hours had dragged on painfully, unable to concentrate on what was becoming an impossible task of locating the Doctor. My thoughts constantly drifted back to her. My Mina.

Where could she be right now? Is she safe? Is she thinking of me like I am of her? What could they be talking about without me?

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little apprehensive about her being alone with the likes of Dabi. He was crude, reckless and incredibly self-centred. He never failed to get himself into dire situations that inevitably always ended violently. Not to mention the way I'd seen him look at her—on more than one occasion. My jealousy and possessive nature nearly overtook my sense of judgement on every hungry, covetous look I'd caught him throwing in her direction. It was like he had a death wish.

However, as much as I disliked the arrogant prick, he was undoubtedly one of the Leagues strongest associates. Mina was safe under his protection.

As long as he doesn't get too comfortable with her...

The thought of him laying a hand on her in any way more than amicable made my blood boil. My hand instinctively clenched around the piece of paper that I had been mindlessly tearing at throughout the entirety of the pointless meeting. Disintegrating the flimsy material into ash within seconds.

"Shigaraki, is there a problem?" Kurogiri's monotone voice, a slight hint of concern, brought me back to reality.

I looked up to my misted accomplice—expressionless as always.

"No, nothing is wrong. Continue." I waved my hand, allowing him to carry on with whatever it was he was discussing.

"Okay, as I was saying, we've had no success in our search for Dr Daruma Ujiko. Giran hasn't come back with anything remotely promising and it won't be long till the heroes eventually discover our location."

"And your point being?" I asked impassively, all of it being common knowledge.

"We need to take action, Tomura. The master wouldn't approve if he knew how little progress we have made since his capture. You of all people must understand this," he stated, the slight condescending nature of the way he spoke pissed me off. Speaking as if I didn't already know that Master would be bitterly disappointed if he saw where the League was headed.

"I'm not an idiot, Kurogiri. I know we need to do something, but we haven't got many options," I snapped harshly, glaring up at his ominous glowing eyes. "The Doctor is the key to our success. If we find him then we've already won." I turned my focus back on the large map sprawled out across the table in front of us. Multiple locations were already marked off from our previously failed endeavours.

"Have you considered the idea of asking the Shie Hassaikai? The alliance is still intact and they might have connections that could..."

"No." I firmly protested. "I would rather slice off my own arm than ask that fucking scumbag for any help," venom spitting from my words.

After everything he done to Mina, I had no intention of associating myself in any way, shape or form with a sadistic maniac like him. I'd happily watch him die an excruciating death if I had my way, however, I needed to be smart and wait for the right time to strike. For the time being, I needed to keep him as far away from Mina as possible. I wouldn't lose her to him, not again.

"Yes, forgive my insolence. I didn't intend to upset you. I'm only trying to help with the circumstances we are currently in," he bowed his misted head respectfully.

Kurogiri was programmed on assisting me and the League and nothing else. It was times as such when I remembered that fact. That he didn't always take into consideration other people's feelings or wellbeing. Only focusing on if it will benefit the League in one way or another. So it was easy for me to see why he would suggest such a thing. In his mind, it was the logical thing to do and if Mina wasn't a part of all this then I would have to agree.