Chapter Thirty Six

"Mina? Are you asleep?" Tomura softly hushed. I hummed—an unintelligible reply. My eyes still shut.

I didn't remember the last time I felt this relaxed. All my worries and tension were long in the past. Peaceful serenity flowed through me as I laid back on the dishevelled bed. One hand was laced through Tomura's hair, scratching his scalp lightly. The other wrapped around his disfigured hand, my thumb rubbing circles on the edge of his coarse palm.

"I'll take that as a no," he chuckled. His rough cheek falling back to the top of my stomach.

Slowly I opened my eyes, not fully but enough to catch the breathtakingly wholesome moment.

Tomura was lying on his front, frosty white locks scattered messily over me, while rubbing the side of my bump soothingly. A small smile pulled at the corners of his lips as he nuzzled the tip of his nose against the stretched flesh.

I had lost track of how long we had been like this. The glimmer of the rising sun breaking through the canopy of trees outside the window meant that it had to be at least three, maybe four hours. We were both so happy that we saw no need to move. Making up for lost time from being kept apart.

"Do you really think it's a boy?" Tomura's eyes gazed admiringly at my stomach.

"It's just a feeling. I dunno, I could be wrong but in all my dreams I've had we have a perfect little boy." Recollecting the precious dreams that helped me through my imprisoned days. "What do you think?"

"Hmmm," his mouth pressed against my skin sent waves of tickling vibrations over me.  "I think you're right," he agreed.

"I'm always right," I winked, giggling at the way he rolled his eyes in a vexed manner.

"However, if I am wrong—hypothetically speaking-"

"Of course, because god forbid that you're ever wrong," he teased with a taunting grin.

I flinched when I tugged slightly on the roots of his hair. "Ow! What was that for?" he scowled.

"For being a smart ass and rudely interrupting me." Narrowing my eyes at him into a half-assed glare, my lips twitching up into a smile. With an irritated huff, he rested his chin back onto my stomach, pouting like a child who had just been scolded. "As I was saying...if it's not a boy would you be annoyed?"

The way his eyes had twinkled moments before at the mention of having a son had me wondering if he would be disappointed in having a daughter instead.

His brow furrowed deeply. "Why would I be annoyed if we have a girl?" He asked, looking momentarily disconcerted at my question. I shrugged, turning my head to the side to avoid his perplexed stare. Internally, I scolded myself for even asking the shameful question in the first place.

The bed shifted at Tomura's body shuffling up the side of my body. I turned back to meet his hand reaching out, gripping my chin affectionately. "Girl or boy, it doesn't matter to me, I'll love them either way," he smiled, bringing his face closer to mine. "And they are going to be beautiful, just like their mother." Brushing the tip of his nose back and forth over mine.

"You mean like their father." Tucking some of the loose strands of his hair tickling me back behind his ear.

"I think you might want to get your eyes tested," he scoffed.

Still too stubborn to see what I see.

"Excuse me, which one of us has enhanced vision? Oh yes, that'll be me!" Seeping enough energy into my eyes that a faint luminous green shone over him. "Their daddy is a very handsome man." I looked over his rugged but delicate features.