Chapter Six

Bright crimson eyes stared intensely into mine, sending shivers down the line of my spine, releasing the breath that had hitched in my throat the moment our gazes met. I blushed deeply.

He had an extremely pale complexion, possibly even more so than me and I hadn't been under the suns rays for two years. The right eye had a small scar engraved over it. The skin surrounding the fiery red orbs were wrinkled and worn-out, probably from years of self-neglect. I dragged my gaze away from his puzzled stare and slowly moved down his face, taking my time to examine the rest of his delicate features. His face was slim, with a narrow nose, hollowed cheeks and a sharp jawline. Another scar was etched over one side of his narrow lips, which were cracked and chapped. A small mole was also situated just below the left side of his mouth. Pale blue tresses fell of varying lengths over his forehead.

Wow, he looks a lot younger than I thought! Maybe even around the same age as me?

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Arching one of his eyebrows. It's then that I realised I was still staring at him, mouth awkwardly agape.

"No no, I'm sorry, there's nothing wrong with your face, it's very nice! I just wasn't expecting you to be so young."

Very nice?! Seriously? He's going to think I'm a right weirdo now.

"So, you think my quirk is incredible and my face is nice," he sniggered, taking a few steps towards me.

My cheeks blazed up further into a raging blush and my heart rate was accelerating. I nervously giggled, rubbing the back of my neck while letting my head fall timidly.

"Yeah, I guess I did say that."

Red sneakers were in my line of view so I hesitantly tilted my head up to peer at him.

"People don't tend to refer to me as incredible or nice. It's different."

"You're telling me," Dabi muttered.

"Shut it patchwork and sit back down!"

"Crusty ass," he whispered before taking his seat back down in the booth.

"I told you not to call me that!" Shigaraki growled. Dabi scoffed, clearly pleased with getting beneath his skin.

"Before we go any further I want to know more about your quirk, what can you do?" Shigaraki turned back to face me.

"It's a cat quirk so nothing fancy. Claws and fangs, heightened senses, flexible joints, faster movements and increased muscle strength. Pretty much whatever a cat can do but just a little better," I shrugged, modestly.

"So you're more close combat than long-range I guess?"

"Yeah, you could say that, is that a bad thing?"

"We are indeed lacking members with long-range quirks but I think you'll fit in quite nicely with a skill set like yours," a sly smile on his dehydrated lips.

"So, hurry up and spit it out already, what is it you want Mina to do?" Toga impatiently interjected as she folded her arms onto the table, resting her head lazily on top.

Shigaraki's gaze still trained on me, his intense vermillion eyes raking up and down my body, before silently returning to the counter to obtain something.

Was he just checking me out?

He walked back to stand in front of me again, his body so close this time that I could pick up his scent. My pupils fully dilating in pure delight the moment the aroma hit me. It was such a rich and earthy smell, every muscle melting as the intoxicating aroma filled me. I fought back the urge to lunge forward and bury my face into the crook of his neck to inhale the mouthwatering musky scent.