Chapter 13

Gulf POV

Sammy and I are walking towards Phawattakun residence.

"So you had the bracelet all along?" She asked

"Yeah" I reply guiltily

"You have no idea how many times I've asked Techno for it. I was hoping for it to not be lost, you see... it's been with me for years, Yacht gave it to me. Their family was not doing too well at that time, but still he remembered my birthday and presented it to me." Sammy explained

"I had no idea it meant so much to you" I lied, I obviously knew about it already, but still I held onto it. Even I didn't know why I did that, but I just wanted to give it to her personally if we were meant to meet again

"Yacht is my best friend, and he gave this to me so I will always treasure it. Yacht was pissed, trust me he was super pissed in the beginning then he saw how bad I felt because it was lost and later he was okay with buying me a new one, he said he could literally buy me ten of those now, but that one... He saved his pocket money for months and bought it for me, that's why it means a lot"

I could clearly see Sammy has feelings for him too, but why is she not taking the hints Yacht gives her.

"Sammy?" I decided to ask

"Yeah"

"Can you tell me why you and Yacht are not together?

"Do I make it that obvious that I like him?"

"Actually both of you"

"Huh... I thought I could keep my feelings as a secret forever, but I guess not"

"If I'm intruding, you don't have to tell me"

"Aww, sweetie... Don't worry about it, there is nothing I can hide from you" Sammy said while shuffling my hair... It felt like I was with family. "I don't know, I just feel like telling everything to you"

"Tell me... Tell me" I was curious

"Okay... So... The thing is I have been friends with him for a long time, I don't know when we started having feelings for each other, but eventually that happened"

"So you know he likes you?"

"I do... From a very long time and I guess he knows about my feelings too"

"Then what's wrong?"

"Well we had other friends, who were just like us, best friends turned to a couple. It was all fine but one day they broke up and now they can't stand each other, they keep fighting and they don't even remember they were friends before... Yacht and I witnessed this in first person, I guess both of us don't want to end up like them"

"But... You can be different... Your story can be different"

"It might... Or it might not... Nevermind, let's not talk about sad things... Time will decide everything."

We reached my house and Sammy was astonished.

"Wait... Thi...this ... This is your house ??.. you are this rich"

I couldn't stop laughing at her behaviour. I never bought any friends home before, so I never got to witness their reaction first hand. Only after we entered the gate I realised that my father probably might be at home, and I hope he doesn't ask me anything and ignore me like he always does. It doesn't matter if he is home or not, I don't care... If I can talk back to Dylan, I can talk back to him too, hopefully.

We step in and the place is empty, it is big, it is bright and it is quiet, like always and I hate it.

"Woah..." Sammy said but it echoed throughout the place. I smiled because in only one second Sammy gave life to the house.