THIRTY-THREE

"Move or i'll make you move!"

I hear a female voice yell in the hallway, even though the door in my hospital room was closed.

I looked away from the TV that was hung up on the wall in the corner and saw Cody jump in his seat next to me. He was falling asleep but whoever yelled woke him up.

He'd been on edge ever since I got shot. It's been a week now and he hasn't left the hospital since.

He's been living off of hospital food and vending machine snacks. He'd use the shower in the bathroom so shower and rarely left me alone. He'd have one of his workers bring me and his clothes to change into and had them monitor the hospital just in case my supposed "mom" came back to finish the job.

I appreciated him being here but i felt bad because he's doing so much for me even after i told him that i never wanted to see him again and after being so upset at him for so long.

Not only that, but I'm tired of him being here with me. I needed some time to myself and think about what had happened to me.

Since my wound wasn't that deep the doctor just wanted to keep an eye on me for a week just in case my wound got infected, but he said that he'd release me after one week.

That meant I'd still be there for prom and other senior activities before school finished.

Speaking of school, I had principal honey send me my work that I needed to finish in order to graduate.

It wasn't that much which I was glad about but I'm glad I'll never have to see him again, he was just not the best principal.

My friends would visit me, Reggie came every day after school once he was released from the hospital after he went into shock.

He said that he was fine but i knew he wasn't, he was just saying it for me.

Having him around me was comforting more than ever.

I realized a lot within this last week, things about life and my relationships with people. What I don't want in life and what I don't.

I love Reggie, that's for sure. And i reflected on everything we had gone through within these last two years, all these ups and downs that made my head spin thinking about it.

At first, i thought getting back with reggie would make things worse and when i finally decided to be the bigger person and tell him how i felt and how i wanted to make these work between us.

But then I got a bullet lodged into me.

Old me would've taken that as a sign to run for the hills and leave reggie behind. To tell him to forget about everything we ever had but the new version of me doesn't believe that's right for me.

I almost fucking died, with reggie by my side. The guy who bumped into me randomly in the halls at riverdale high my junior year of high school.

The cliche biker girl and jock went through hell and back for each other just because of that one small encounter. Who would've seen that one coming? Definitely not me.

Now, more than ever, I want Reggie to be in my life. I need him to be in my life. I went through so many changes and dealt with no much for him, of course i'm not gonna let him go now.

Cody gave me a look of confusion and I gave him one in return. He got up from his seat while rubbing his tired eyes.

He slowly opened the door, but then suddenly the door was pushed open forcefully and Cody was pushed behind the door.

"What the hell?!" I heard Cody groan.

My sister, Eliza, was standing in the doorway with a look of anger and disbelief at both me and cody.