TWENTY-NINE

reggie's pov

i was woken up by a loud bang at my front door. it was really late, my parents were out of town for the weekend so it was only me. i got out of bed and grabbed a hoodie and put it on before heading downstairs.

the banging continued and got louder as i walked downstairs. i checked the peep hole and opened the door with a loud annoyed sigh.

"dude, what are you doing here? it's late." i asked cody once i opened the door. he stood on my porch with a shocked face and he was shaking too. he then proceeded to fall onto his knees and that's when i saw the bullet wound on the back of his shoulder. i quickly grabbed him and helped up off the floor.

"w-what happened?" i asked him as i helped him walk into my house and shut the door behind us. i put him on my couch and ran to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit that was under my kitchen sink. i opened it quickly as i went back to him.

"there was these guys... fuck.... they were outside of the redhead's house-" he lets out a groan and tries to explain to me what happened.

"they were gonna hurt sammy weren't they?" i asked in disbelief as i tore opened his shirt and prepared to take the bullet out. it wasn't in that deep and he didn't lose a lot of blood which is a good thing.

"yeah but i stopped them. they shot me once meanwhile they probably won't be able to walk ever again." he lets out a dark chuckle.

"this is gonna hurt. here bite on this." i handed him one of the couch pillows.

"i don't really have a pain tolerance so i think i'll be fi- FUCK THAT HURTS." he grips the arm of the couch and bit down on the pillow. he groans and lets out yells as i take out the bullet as best as i could. once i took it out he sighed and had stopped making noise.

"so much for a pain tolerance, huh?" i snickered as i cleaned and patched up his wound.

"shut up, mantle."

"alright then. you're all good. patched up and everything." i patted his shoulder which made him hiss. "sorry." i mumbled as he turned back and glares at me.

"mind if i stay for the rest of the night?" he asked nicely which was odd since he's never been that nice to me. ever.

"uh sure. you can stay in the guest room upstairs." i told him, pointing my thumb behind me where the staircase was.

"thanks... i owe you. i really do." he said softly which was weird since he's acting so nice and gentle with me.

"okay but first can you stop being so nice and weird to me? i liked it when you were an asshole to me." i told him.

"yeah i didn't like being nice either but i was only doing it since you pretty much saved me." he lets out a sigh of relief.

i helped him walk up the stairs and into the guest room and helped him settle in.

"how's sammy anyways? heard she got accepted to some college in florida." he mumbles with a small proud grin, sitting on the bed.

"she's... good. and how do you know about that?" i asked him with my arms crossed.

"i'm in a cartel, mantle. i know people." he laughs. "but i'm so happy that she's good. and that she got accepted into that school. she's gonna get the life she deserves." he rambles on with a smile on his face.

"yeah..." i nodded.

"what's wrong?" he asked. "what do you mean?" i asked him.

"that face you just made when you said that." he quirked a brow.

"said what-"

"you aren't happy that she's moving away aren't you?" cody sighed in annoyance. i sighed as well before sitting down next to cody and looking down at the floor.

"when i thought things couldn't get any worse right now, i find out from someone else that she's leaving, again. she didn't tell me herself and i just... i just lost her, man. and i don't wanna lose her again." i share my feelings with cody which was weird but i needed to let them out since i couldn't hold them anymore.

plus he's good at giving advice in his own way.

"you aren't gonna lose her. and i know it must have hurt when she didn't tell you personally but do you think that maybe she was scared or worried about how you were gonna react? and you filled her expectations by getting angry. good going, mantle." he gave me a sarcastic smile and i rolled my eyes in response.

"well that's how i felt so why lie about my feelings? oh hey congrats, sam! so happy that you're going away again and glad that i meant nothing to you!" he gave him a sarcastic response in which he slapped me.

"what was that for?"

"you pissed me off and you're getting annoying. i honestly don't know what she see's in you."

i rub my cheek in silent since he kind of slapped me hard. he looked like he was thinking to himself for a moment and then he started talking again.

"i think that you should at least be happy for her and be supportive. if she see's that you're trying then maybe before she goes, she'll kiss you or something. whatever teenagers do. but just show that you care and she'll love you for that." he gives me advice.

"so i pretend to care?" i asked. "i'm gonna slap you again if you don't stop with these stupid responses." he glared at me.

"sorry..." i muttered.

"show her that you care and go with the flow. i know deep down you do care for her and her future so show it." he tells me.

"and in the mean time, don't be too hard on her or yourself." he adds with a smile.

"wow, you're a miracle worker."

"i know now get out so i can sleep."

i left the guest room and let him be. i went back to bed but couldn't sleep that much since all i could think about was sam. i'm gonna miss her a lot and i've convinced myself that i should share my feelings with her before she leaves. that i should tell her that i love her still and still care and want us back together again.

i think i can do long distance and if not i'll go to florida with her because she's all i've ever wanted and i'd follow her anywhere if she let me.

in the morning, i smelled pancakes and bacon. but before i went downstairs i did my morning routine and then went downstairs to see cody cooking breakfast in my kitchen which was something i never thought i would ever see.

"morning, sunshine." i leaned against the doorframe.

"shut up." he muttered behind the counter.

then we heard knocking at the door so i went to go answer it. and i swear to god i almost shit my pants when i saw sammy standing at my doorstep after i opened my door.

"can we talk?"

a/n

well this should be interesting...

but anyways, i'm back and better than ever. i got more ideas with this book and no longer have writers block!

thank you for being patient!

ik that season 4 will finish at the beginning of season 5 so the book won't be ending anytime soon!

until next time, peace❤️