FOUR

Sammy's POV

"It's okay, Sammy. You're okay." I cried on jasmine's shoulder as she held me, and cradled me on the bed. My heart hurts for the death of Mr. Andrews. My heart hurt for Archie. Neither of them deserve to go through this. They need each other.

Mr. Andrews was the most sane and sincere person I've ever met. He treated me like his own kid for god's sake. He reminded me of my dad, god I miss him too.

I came to a conclusion that my father must have died, I just don't want to admit it to myself. It hurts to even think about it.

"H-He didn't deserve this." I chocked up. Tears were streaming from my face, but I had to stop crying, for Archie. I want to be strong for him so he can come crying to me instead of me crying to him.

"I'll be right back." I told jasmine and she nodded. I went to the bathroom to wash up, I looked in the mirror and cracked a smile to show myself that I'm okay. That I'll be okay. That everything is okay.

Then I heard voices coming from outside in the back yard, I looked out the bathroom window and saw the core four talking. But it wasn't just them. Kevin was there too. Then my throat went dry when my eyes landed on him.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it felt so unreal. I was actually seeing him in person. It wasn't like one of those night terrors I would have while I was gone, this was real life. My fears overwhelmed me at this moment. My heart raced at the sight of him. My lips quivered.

Why do I feel like this? Why am I like this?

His eyes weren't the same, they seemed plain and dull. His skin looked more tan, his hair had a different style. He still wore his letterman jacket like he always did.

He was actually here.

Reggie Mantle was here.

Reggie's POV

"Hey, do you remember that treehouse your dad helped us build?" I asked Archie as I drank from my beer. "You mean, the one he built for us? I remember you fell out of it, reg." He said which made everyone chuckle.

"And broke my arm. Your dad drove me to the hospital." I finished the story. "I remember this one time, this time we were having a picnic, when we were still in grade school in Pickens park, and there was a father-daughter potato-sack race. Uh, my dad... I don't know where he was but Mr. Andrews said that he would do it with me. So he was my dad for the day." The story Betty said made us smile.

I felt bad for Archie, like really bad. He's one of my close friends and his dad was a really rad dude. Mr. Andrews was like the dad that any kid could want. He was the father I never knew I needed. Since my dad would abuse me... Mr. Andrews would remind me what it means to have a real dad and have the relationship with my dad even though it never turned out well. I had a pretty good relationship with Mr. Andrews though and I'm glad that I did.

I want to stay strong for Archie and I want him to know that he can come to me for anything through this tuff time.

I definitely need someone since she isn't here for me to lean on. She isn't here for me to cry to when I'm having a tuff time. Especially now with the death of Fred... I need her more than ever.

I miss her more than anything, I miss her so fucking much.

"When things started getting bad with my dad and drinking, my mom would call Fred... for help." Jughead began to say his story. "And he would drive to the bar, and he would pick up my dad and he'd lay him on the couch. And he'd always stay a little while... just to talk to me... to see how I was doing in school, and if I'd eaten dinner." Jughead looked down at his feet then looked at Archie. "He just wanted to know if I was hungry. I always was." Everyone let out a small laugh.