NINETEEN

Sammy's POV

spirit week had arrived and was i excited? no. but was i going to go to the parties and big game? yeah. and for the first time there was something to actually celebrate since our breakout star munroe moore lead us to the state finals. i was so proud and excited for the whole team.

they would be taking on the undisputed titans of the gridiron, the stonewall stallions.

cheryl had to force me into helping her decorate the hallways with stuff for spirit week. there was balloons, posters and many more. she had me paint posters of the players numbers and their names.

my pants had blue and yellow paint all over them and a few stains on my white shirt. why did i wear white today? that i don't know and i'm a dumb ass for doing so.

once i finished painting them i started to hang them around the school.

"oops-" i hear someone say behind me as i turn around and feel a liquid splash all over my legs and feet. i look down at my soaked pants then i look up and see the stupid junior herself.

leah.

"what the fuck?!" i raised my voice. people started to stare and a few people 'ouuued' and laughed as they walked past me.

"sorry. didn't see you," she obviously lies and batted her eyelashes. "and i didn't see you," i heard someone yell before blue paint poured over leah's head. someone was standing behind her and moved away and was now visible to see.

jasmine.

"agghhh!" leah yells before running away and crying.

"first of all, thank you. and second, what are you doing here?" i asked with a light laugh. "i came and brought your lunch," she holds up a to-go bag from pop's. "oh thanks. but i'm pretty sure you can't be here right now." i said as i grabbed my lunch from her hand. "oh i know. i also came for an interview as well," she says with a smile. "seriously? for what?" i asked.

"a student-teacher position. i'd be an administrator but in training sort of. it's part of my online school," she sighs as i simply nod.

we exchanged goodbyes before parting our ways. she went to the office while i went to look for archie.

"did you piss yourself or something?" he laughs at me and looks me up and down. "no, dumb ass. leah spilt her coffee all over me and i don't have spare clothes, do you know if ronnie has anything i can borrow?" i asked.

"no but i do have some sweats that don't fit me anymore that you can use." he nods. i waited outside the boys locker room as he grabbed the sweats from his locker. as i was waiting, reggie was walking my way and was most likely heading to the locker room.

i hadn't spoken to him that much. things were just off between us you could say, it was different between us. he seemed distant and i was always distracted with my dad's case, making sure the twins were safe, and helping archie at the center. i didn't have time to talk or hang out with anyone as much anymore. he just seemed different now and i don't wanna interfere with anything that was going on in his life.

i pretend i didn't see him as i sat on the bench and waited. i pretend to be on my phone texting someone but then i felt his stare burning into my skin.

"can i help you?" i asked and looked up from my phone. "where have you been?" he says deeply. "around. why do you care?" i asked. "it was just a question, relax. i haven't spoken to you in weeks." he replies with a sigh.

"cool now leave me alone."

it was silent for a bit until he spoke up again.

"do you still have the tattoo i gave you?" he asks. i ignored his question and went on my phone again texting archie to hurry up.

me: hurry tf up

me: reggie is annoying me rn

me: hurry up bitch ass

me: HURRY BITCH

"why are you ignoring me, sammy?"

before i could answer, archie came out of the locker room and i stood up quickly.

"thanks. i'll see you at home."

_________

"since i don't want to help cheryl with spirit week anymore i have made a decision to lie and say i'm helping you with the blue and gold. so i'm going to hang out here until 7th period," i explained to betty and i spun around in the spinning chair.

"sounds good. i'm interviewing munroe, reggie and archie for the article honey has me working on so they'll be here i-"

she was cut off by the boys walking in talking loudly and screwing around.

"welp." i shrugged and she huffed.

the boys sat down and betty started to interview them.

"okay so last game of the season, how do you feel arch?" she asks and looks over at archie as i do the same. "honestly, like we're gonna win." he replies with a smile.

i felt reggie's eyes staring into my soul once again but brushed it off.

"munroe, what about you?" betty asks as she writes something down in her notebook. "i'm just happy to be playing for the championship." he says happily.

"he's being humble, betty." i roll my eyes playfully. "a recruiter from notre dame is coming just to see him." archie adds. "that's my boy." i comment.

"reggie, care to comment?" betty asks. "you want a quote, betts?" reggie asks and betty nods. "i'll give you a quote. stonewall sucks. the only reason they're undefeated is because they play dirty. every team that's gone up against them this year has suffered some horrible injury." reggie explains and mad dog hums in agreement.

"what do you mean?" betty asks. "i mean, they don't play to win. the play to hurt." he replies.

"that's just sad." i commented. "but they haven't gone up against our guy, munroe!" reggie pats munroe's shoulder with a smile.

"and if they try something then they're gonna catch these hands," i joked in which they all laughed. the boys left the room and left me and betty alone.

"he still looks at you the same." betty said randomly. "what?" i was confused. "reggie, he still looks at you the same way he did when you two were still together." she says seriously.

"like what?" i ask.

"like you're his whole world."

a/n

kinda liked this chapter but how are y'all? it's been a minute😂.

don't forget to vote and check out my other books!

also i might do a mattia fan fiction but idk if it's worth it🤦🏽‍♀️.

until next time, peace!💜