TWENTY

Sammy's pov

"yo, you losers said we were going out to get ice cream? where the fuck are we?" i ask the boys as we pull up to a school, i'm assuming. reggie, archie and a few other bulldogs were in the van with me. archie said after practice that him and the boys were going out for ice cream and asked if i wanted to come and of course i said yes, so why are we at some school?

"we need you to keep watch. we'll be right back." archie says sternly. "what! why? what's going on?" i ask as they all start to get out of the van. "don't worry about it," archie replies with a groan and rolled his eyes at me.

"boy if you do-" reggie cut me off. "it's nothing serious and it will only take a minute, okay?" he says softly. i simply nod in return.

they all head inside the school and i just sat in the van on my phone for entertainment. the next thing i know, i'm in a cell with archie for something i didn't even do and he got into a fight with the football players from stonewall prep for jumping mad dog!

what. the. fuck.

"you're an idiot, you know?" i say as i look up at the ceiling. "you would've done the same thing so shut it," he gave me attitude. he seriously needs to check himself before i punch him in the face. what was his problem?

"i'm would never do something like that, arch. you didn't need to f-" he cut me off.

"like hell i did! you don't understand anything or know anything about football or me. so fuck off," he raised his voice at me.

wow, that hurt not gonna lie.

i simply scoffed at him and scooted away from where he was sitting and faced away from him. within a few minutes, archie's uncle, frank, came to bail us out.

"you two, alright?" frank asks us as the police officer opens the cell to let us out. "i've been in worst fights." archie says as i just stay quiet. "thanks for coming, uncle frank. i couldn't call mom." he adds. "she's got enough to worry about." he sighs.

"that makes sense." frank shakes his head as we walk out. we got into his truck and began to drive back home but stopped at pop's to pick up dinner. once frank dropped me and archie off, i took my food from the to-go bag to my room since i didn't feel like talking or seeing archie at the moment. i just wanted to be alone and eat in peace so i did.

i then got a text from some number.

unknown: hey, are you okay?

me: um who is this?

unknown: answer my question first

me: i'm fine now who are you and how
did you get my number?

unknown: the names rj and i have
my ways

me: what a stalker...

rj: look i had a friend give me
your number bc i asked for it

me: why?

rj: heard that you needed a friend

me: seriously? is this a prank or sum?

rj: i just want to get to know you
better that's all

me: you could be a 45 year old perv for
all i know

rj: ew i'm not

me: prove it

rj: (1 attachment)

he just sent me a picture of his... abs. they were detailed and looked so smooth. gosh, just thinking about them made my mouth water.

me: well shit

rj: told you

me: do you know my name?

rj: you're the infamous sammy

me: did archie give you my number?

rj: maybe, maybe not

me: will i ever meet you face to face?

he left me on delivered but i just shrugged it off. i've never heard of someone name rj at riverdale high and i don't think archie knows an rj so who is he?

________

"pretty sure plaid was so last year." i joker as i looked sweat pea up and down. "oh shut it." he glared at me. "what are you doing here anyways? i thought school events weren't for you?" i asked him as we both sat down on the bleachers. we found a spot in the crowd of students and parents who were here to support the bulldogs for their big game that was today.

me and archie still weren't talking but i didn't come to see him. i came to support cheryl and the vixens for their performance and so i can see them get back at the new cheer coach that apparently isn't cheryl approved.

"i had nothing better to do." he shrugs. "seriously?" i asked and he nods. "i'm going to buy some popcorn, want anything?" i ask. "no i'll share with you." he says simply. "who said i'm sharing with you?" i scoffed. "i'll pay." he replies.

"deal."

he pulls five dollars out of his wallet and hands it to me. then i get up from the bleachers and squeeze my way out of the crowded bleachers. i walked over to the concession stand and wait in line patiently. as i stood in line my eyes wondered outside of the field and into the parking lot. i did a double take because i could've sworn i saw... cody. when i looked back a second time he wasn't there so it probably was just my brain screwing with me or something.

after i got the popcorn and paid with sweet pea's money i went back to the bleachers. but then i was stopped by reggie, he stood on the field while i stood by the railing of the bleachers.

"hey, what are you doing here?" he asks. "um i came to see the vixens perform, why else would i be here?" i answered with a scoff. "well this is a football game and i was hoping you'd come anyways." he says as he looks around the field then back at me.

"why do you care?" i asked. "i haven't seen you in a while and we haven't talked either. just wanted to see how you were doing." he shrugs with a small smile. "i'm fine." i replied as i clenched my jaw, suddenly i felt nervous. my palms were sweaty and my heart rate was speeding up.

"good. remember i'm here for anything, okay?" he smiles at me and winks.

i felt those butterflies again... i haven't felt them in a while. i found myself staring into his eyes too, those beautiful soft brown eyes that made my heart melt like always.

"yeah, thanks. good luck, reg." i smiled nervously at him. he simply nods before heading back onto the field with the rest of the bulldogs.

for the rest of the game i couldn't take my eyes off him. when he had the ball or tackled someone i cheered for him. i yelled his name as he scored a few touchdowns. i had so much fun doing it and it felt good too. i was actually having fun...

even though they lost they played very good and i'm proud of how far they've come this year.

as reggie took off his helmet when he was called out for a time out, he looked over at me from behind his shoulder. i waved at him and smiled, he smiled back which made my heart swell up in a good way.

we looked into each other's eyes for a few minutes. we kept strong eye contact, his eyes were just so captivating. and then i realized...

i was still in love with reggie mantle.

a/n
this chapter was so cute and made me soft for reggie and sam🥺.

also she might or might not be blackmailed soon by someone but you're gonna have to keep on reading to find out🤨.

on sunday, a legend and his daughter died in a helicopter accident along with another family they were close with. kobe was one of my biggest inspirations and his daughter was literally the sweetest and cutest girl i've ever seen. my heart goes out to the bryant's and many others who knew kobe and looked up to him. rip to everyone who died that day, you'll never be forgotten💜.