FOURTEEN

Sammy's POV

Thanksgiving.

The time of the year where friends and family gather to eat Turkey, watch the big game, and give thanks for all they have.

I have very few.

But for Archie, this year was all about what he'd lost. It was his first Thanksgiving without his father. The void that fred Andrews left was as cold as the winds blowing through the town.

You could feel the temperature drop.

Currently I was at the center with munroe and archie talking about the events for Thanksgiving that were going to take place for the kids who didn't have anywhere to go for the holiday.

"Alright, look we know some of you guys have nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. So, Sammy, Munroe and I, we're going to keep the center open for tomorrow." Archie explains to all the kids.

"We're gonna have hot meals with all the fixings." Mad dog said which made all the kids cheer. "So tell your friends there's an open door policy. Everyone is invited." I added. Everyone then cheered even more.

"All right then."

After the center closed for today I was going to Jasmine's apartment to tell her about tomorrow.

"Ouuu do you think they'll let me cook?" She asked cheerfully as she sat down next to me on her couch. "Archie would be happy about that. Let me text him." I nodded as I pulled out my phone.

Me: yo jasmine said she can help cook the food

Cupcake: srly?

Me: yee

Cupcake: sounds good

Cupcake: did you tell benny about tomorrow?

Me: I haven't talked to him

Cupcake: why?

Me: ....

Cupcake: what did you do?

Me: it's all reggie's fault

Cupcake: what? How?

Me: he crashed my almost first kiss w benny

Me: then after I had a mental break down bc I still loved reggie and benny was hurt about it

Cupcake: hold tf up

Cupcake: I'll talk to him for u

Me: you don't have to

Cupcake: as ur bestie I have to

Cupcake: also idk if reggie's good for u anymore

Me: ur the best <3

Cupcake: I know ;)

Me: cocky much?

Cupcake: Definitely

I laughed at the messages then turned off my phone.

"Do you think I can stay over tonight?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I don't mind. Also I need to know the tea about what's been going on with that one boy... benny, right?" She asked me with a smrik.

"It was all rainbows and sunshine until reggie ruined it." I groaned. "I'm glad I've never met the asshole. But now I think it's time I officially meet the infamous reggie. Might rough him up a bit, don't you think?" She asked and laughed evily.