SEVENTEEN

Reggie's POV

"seriously, dude? i don't see your point," archie rubs his temples as sighed heavily. i huffed and grew annoyed.

"my point is that benny is no good for sam. i don't know what she sees in him but whatever it is it's false," i tried to make it simple and clear for archie. "he's a really cool guy. he talked to his dad about donating money for the community center. we got a check for $15,000 dollars thanks to ben. that guy is a legend," archie protested which pissed me off.

i just rolled my eyes and groaned at his response.

"it's not about benny is it?" archie asked but i didn't answer.

"it's about sam, right? and how she's seeing someone else who isn't you?" he asked again. "so what? it's not like she's gonna be happy to hear about it. she's been avoiding me again," i answered and laid back on the couch and folded my arms over my chest.

"gee i wonder why," he said sarcastically. "i told her i was sorry!" i claimed. "yeah like that was going to help. you lied to her about being in a relationship. she was willing to stay friends with benny and work things out with you! but you being mantle the magnificent you had to fuck it up, bro!" he rolled his eyes at me.

"then what do i do then?" i asked.

"nothing. you have a girlfriend, reggie. you already hurt someone you cared about so don't let it happen with leah," he spoke. "also don't try and ruin sammy's relationship with benny," he added.

"can't promise anything,"

________

"hey benny," i approached him at his locker.

"oh.. hey," he gave me a glare and processed to grab something from his locker. "can we talk?" i asked him.

"we have nothing to talk about. i shouldn't even be talking to you," he scoffed at me and threw his shirt over his shoulder and closed his locker. "and why is that?" i asked and raised a brow.

"sammy. she doesn't like it when you're around or being talked about," he sighed. "but that isn't going to stop us from being bros, right?" i emphasized the word and gave him a tight smile.

"fuck yo-" i cut him off by pushing him against the lockers. "listen here, bitch. sam is and will always be mine, together or not. she loves me and i love her. she doesn't love you and never will. you need to back down and stay away from her before i hurt you," i said through gritted teeth and pushed my index finger against his chest.

"oh really? i'd like to see you try, bitch ass," he smirked at me.

i punched him in the face, hard. he then forced me to bend over and kneed me in the stomach making my breath get caught in my throat. i looked up at him and charged at him, making us both slam against a bulletin board and making a few papers fall. i heard people gasp and a few people cheered.

he kneed me again and pushed me away which gave him a chance to punch me twice. i felt my face go a little numb but i ignored it. i tackled him down to the floor, people started to surround us. i saw flashes from phones in the crowd but i brushed it off.

i straddled him and kept punching. he rolled us over and started punching me even harder. blood was dripping from our noses. my face felt so bruised up and numb. my knuckles were hurting but there was no way i was letting benny win the fight. so i rolled us over one more time and was about to give him the hardest punched ever until i heard her voice.

"what the hell is going on?"

Sammy's POV

"what the hell is going on?" i stared down at the two. reggie's face softens and benny spits out blood and looks up at me with sad eyes.

"sam-" sweet pea says behind me and stops talking once he sees what's happening.

"the teachers are coming!"

everyone scattered. sweet pea got a hold of reggie while i helped benny off the floor.

we rushed the two outside to the football field and sat at the bleachers.

"okay first of all, i'm pissed! second, why were you two fighting? and who started it?" i raised my voice at the two who looked down shamelessly. sweet pea leaned against the railing and gave them a death stare.

"i started it," benny spoke up which made reggie looked up at him quickly.

"what? why?" i asked. he was about to explain when reggie stood up and cut him off.

"no... i did. i threatened him and gave the first punch. it was all my fault. i'm sorry..." he looked me in the eyes.

"i don't even know what to say..."

"hey ben, let's give these two a minute?" sweet pea took benny back into the building. probably to the nurse or something. but now it was just me and reggie. he had a cut in his eyebrow, a busted lip and a black eye.

"i'm sorry, sam. i really am," he added but i still didn't know what to say.

i couldn't even comprehend everything that had just happened. but is reggie jealous? he shouldn't be, he has a girlfriend.

"you should be saying sorry to benny. not me," i spoke. reggie scoffed at my words and rolled his eyes.

"what the hell is your problem with him, reggie? he's never done anything to you! he doesn't even talk crap about you but he should for everything you've been doing to him. he told me about how you've threatened him and punched him in the locker room before. but i didn't say shit to you because i-i didn't want to believe it," it was difficult for me to say the last part.

"my problem is that i'm still in love with you and you're with him,"

was i going crazy or did he actually say that?

"excuse me?" i was flabbergasted. "you heard me. i still love you," i couldn't believe what he was saying.

"you don't love me, reg. you're with leah..." i was in shock and i didn't want to believe anything he was saying because of fear.

"i'm only with her so i can try and get over you but i still think about you more than i think about her," he stepped closer to me.

my palms were getting sweaty and my head was spinning. my breathing was starting to get heavy and uneven. i slowly backed away from reggie and shook my head.

"i need to go,"

and like that i left. i was overwhelmed. so overwhelmed. i needed time to process everything.

i felt sick to my stomach. i felt guilt, rage and sadness all at once.

why was i feeling like this?

was it because i still loved reggie as well? was it because after everything he had put me through that i still loved him? we were so toxic together... it's sad. for a short amount of time i thought i was happy but truly we seemed to be toxic for each other.

i remember when him and sweet pea fought over me. now it seems like history is repeating itself with benny and reggie now.

history is repeating itself....

a/n
merry christmas ❤️.

don't forget to vote!

until next time, peace!😌