FIVE

Sammy's POV

I woke up with an uneasy feeling. Probably because of Reggie. Everything was fine until he decided to pick a fight. I shook my head as I got up from bed. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth then I heard jasmine downstairs so I went downstairs. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Mary and jasmine.

"Hi, I'm sammy." I introduced myself, I gave her a warm smile and stuck my hand out for her to shake and she did. "Mary, Archie's mom. I've heard great things about you." She gave me a warm smile but her eyes looked sad.

"I'm sorry for your loss, I know how much Fred meant to everyone." I said. "Yeah... he was really great. Amazing. I just wish I could've said goodbye." What she said made my heart break.

Me and jasmine hugged Mary at the same time as she began to cry.

"How about I make us some breakfast, food usually makes everything better. And all today we can stay in and just relax, how does that sound?" Jasmine asked Mary. "That doesn't sound so bad." She wiped her tears.

Me and jasmine made breakfast for us and Mary. We talked to Mary and comforted her.

"I'm sorry you two have to see me like this." Mary said as she drank her coffee. "Don't be." I said as I ate my breakfast. "Archie says that you make one hell of a fighter, physically and verbally, ever thought of joining becoming a police officer?" Mary chuckled. "I see myself being a lawyer but that doesn't sound bad either" I smiled at her.

"Jasmine on the other hand should be a therapist considering how she can really help people at any given time." Mary added which made me snort.

"You're not wrong."

________________________________

"Hey arch. How's everything going?" I asked Archie as I sat down on the couch. "Um... everything is alright." That didn't sound convincing to me. "Doesn't sound like it." I scoffed at him. "Look sammy... you just don't understand. You never will.... maybe if you... Just take care of my mom, I'll be back in about an hour or two." He hesitated to say whatever he was going to say. He sounded kind of off and a little stressed. I just hope everything is alright.

"Fine. Just don't do anything stupid." I joked. "This is not the time to joke around. I need to get justice for my dad." He said seriously. "Wait, what? What are you t-" he hanged up which pissed me off.

What did he mean by getting justice for his dad? Did he find out who hurt his dad? Who killed him?

Whatever Archie was about to do he's probably going to regret it.

________________________________

"Okay but why has the red head chick standing there with the baby with the other chick and the old lady been staring at us?" Jasmine asked nervously. She pointed to where those familiar people were and sure enough I was right about who it was. Cheryl, Toni, and nana rose.

I slightly smiled at them... giving them a small wave as well. But they just gave me a look at looked the other way.

What was their problem?

Anyways, I was currently at the parade that the town decided to throw for Fred. Everyone in the town participated in the event for welcoming Fred back into town. I knew Archie would really be happy about it. People had either signs that were decorated for Fred and said "welcome back, Fred!" And many other things. People waved small American flags, threw confetti, cheered. It was very heart warming.

Fp came driving through, leading Archie and Veronica who were with Fred in the hearse. Jug and Betty following behind in Fred's truck.

Archie slowly passed everyone who waved and smiled at him, I winked and waved as he passed by me. He gave me a small nod and a smile in return.