TWENTY-THREE

Sammy's pov

Sammy's pov

"what? no. he can't be..." i began to tear up at the news that jughead was dead. "i know it's hard but we'll get through this..." archie says softly as he reaches over the dinning room table and places his hand on top of mine.

"i love it! you guys actually got me there for a second." mrs. andrews cheers at our performance. "there's no way anyone could tell that you guys were faking it." she adds. i wiped my fakes tears a giggled as did archie.

"i should get a grammy for that." i joked.

"yeah, tell the academy that." archie laughs. as i was about to speak, i felt my phone buzz due to a text from sweet pea.

sweetpea: hey, i miss you

me: did i ask?

sweetpea: shut up i know you miss me too

me: whatever

sweetpea: meet me at pop's

sweetpea: i'll pay for us both :)

"i have to go, i'll catch you guys later." i grabbed my sweater before leaving the house. i walked to pop's and was attacked by sweetpea who gave me the tightest hug ever.

"dude, i can't breathe." i mumble into his chess and take a huge intake of air. "sorry, got carried away." he laughs and pulls away.

we sat at a booth and ordered our food right away.

"so, do you know?" he asks me in a whisper and leans closer to me. "about jones being alive? oh sweetie i saw this whole scheme coming months ago." i sipped my milkshake after i spoke. "okay, we get it. you're smart." he rolls his eyes playfully. "but anyways, you know that they're going to have a funeral for him right?" he adds.

"yup. at the cooper household."

"yeah... betty said she wants us to wear our serpent jackets. all of us. to make it seem more real for the preppies so they can believe that jones is dead." he sighs, knowing that i hadn't worn my jacket in so long and how much i dreaded putting it back on.

that serpent jacket holds so many things. all the memories i have with it are bad, some are good but i can't help but think of the bad. but that's not who i am anymore, the old sam wore that jacket with pride and confidence. the new me isn't too phased by it anymore and could careless about that piece of leather. i feel like if i put it back on, i'll go back to my old ways which is not what i want, not again. maybe this time will be different though, i hope.

"hope it still fits." i said with sarcasm. "yeah, same here." he fires back with a laugh. we kept talking for a while until he brought up the serpent jacket again.

"gonna look like 16 year old sam again. thought i'd never see her again." he jokes with a small smirk plastered on his face. "yeah, no. she's long gone, i'm here to stay actually." i refer to the new me. "so what you're saying is that the badass sam is being replaced?" he questions.