NINE

Sammy's POV

"Nice place, but are you sure you want to stay here? Archie said we could stay for as long as we'd like."  I asked jasmine who had just finished unpacking.

She found an apartment for "us" near riverdale high. She's older than me by a year so she's pretty much a grown adult. She also got a job at pop's.

I wasn't going to stay with her though, I wanted to stay with archie.

"Yes, sammy. I know he said that but I don't know him well enough to practically live with him. Are you sure you don't want to stay with me?" She responded. "I like being with archie though. I feel safe at his house, not that I'm saying I don't feel safe when I'm with you, but I just prefer my bestfriend." I explained and she nodded.

"Okay, but if you need anything you know that I'm always here." She smiled at me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Also... isn't your birthday in two days?" She smirked at me. "Oh gosh, please don't do anything special or stupid for my birthday." I groaned.

"So a party is out of the question?" She asked. "Yes. No party. I usally don't celebrate my birthday. I haven't thrown a party for myself since I was 11. I'm turning 18." I said.

"I know! You're getting so big." She pinches my cheek. "Okay we get it I'm old." I laughed and shrugged her off of me.

"How about we have a little dinner. Here at my place, you can invite your close friends. I'll cook us something." She smiled excitedly.

"That doesn't sound bad. I'm down." I nodded and she squealed.

"Just a dinner, though. Nothing else." I added and she nodded.

"Just a dinner, got it."

"I have to get to school. See you later."

I left her apartment and walked to school. I went to the student lounge and meet up with Archie.

"What's up?" I walked into the lounge, my eyes landing on archie first but then I scanned the room to see everyone else.

Great.

"Sit." He said and I listened. I sat in an empty chair. I pulled out my water bottle and took a sip.

"I'm looking for around 40 grand." I spat out my water at his words. "Are you crazy?" I asked him and cleaned my lips. "No I'm not. I need it for a good reason." Archie explains.

"I need it to pay the renovations the gym needs." He said. "I hate to say it, again, but I could just lend you the money." Veronica said. "No, ronnie. I don't want to take anymore hand outs. I want to work for it. I just need to figure out what that work can be." Archie said.

"We could host a charity concert."

"Could have a bake sale."

"We'd have to sell a lot of cupcakes for that one." I scoffed. "Exactly." Mad dog agreed with me.

"No, hold on, I think B's onto something. Not a bake sale, per say. But looking at you four strapping young men there is another classic way to raise money." Veronica said which made the boys all at each other.

The next thing I knew is that after school we were hosting a car wash at pop's.

The sun was on top of us. There was soap and water everywhere. Cars waiting to be cleaned by one of the boys. Who all happened to be shirtless by the way.

"Thank you." I took the money that a lady had handed me for her car to get washed.

"Ayo! Sammy!" Benny pulled up in his car I'm assuming. He had a black 1950's Ford Thunderbird. It was really nice and must've been really expensive.