SIXTEEN

Sammy's POV

"ms. Santiago, it's a pleasure seeing you again," detective Roberson gave me a smile as we shook hands. then we sat down, she sat behind her desk while I sat infront of it. she had called me in just to check up on me and wanted to ask more questions which I didn't mind.

"same here, detective. so what are those questions you've told me about over the phone last night?" I asked her. "oh yes, we just need some information on your family. specifically your siblings since they've refused to talk to us," she informs me but I wasn't surprised.

this is my brother and sister we are talking about.

"ask away," I told her and she nodded. she took out a small journal and a pen.

"so eliza is the oldest, correct?" she asked and I nodded. "she owns a boutique in San Diego as well, right?" she asked and I nodded. "when was the last time you talked to your sister?" she asked me. "I haven't spoken to her in months," I shrugged. "and how does that make you feel?" she asked me as she wrote something down.

"I feel kind of free? you could say. i don't feel as pressured when she was around. I do miss her, though. I miss having our sister bond," I explained. "so you two were close?" I nodded at her question.

"not as close as when we were kids but yeah. we were close,"

"how would you describe your sister?" she asked me. "unique. independent. brave. controlling," I answered.

"now let's talk about your brother, cody," she said as she flipped to another page when she finished writing.

hearing his name gave me an irie feeling. i got flackbacks of the night where we almost killed each other.

"are you aware that cody has been running the cartel in Mexico for the last four months?" I was caught off guard by her question.

"no, I wasn't aware. I thought he-" I stopped talking once I realized how stupid I was to think that cody stopped selling dope for the cartel.

"actually. that doesn't suprise me," I sighed. "do you miss your brother?" she asked.

"not as much as my sister. me and him left off on bad terms," I emphasized the word.

she began to write in her journal again. I had gotten a text from archie so I answered it.

cupcake: we need to talk

cupcake: I need you rn

cupcake: it's an emergency

me: what's wrong?

me: I'm omw

"hey detective, I kind of have an emergency situation to attend to. maybe we can finish this meeting later?" I asked her as I grabbed my sweater and keys. "not a problem. be careful, sweetie," she smiled and nodded.

I left the police station and walked to archie's house.

I walk in on him panicked, in tears, almost angry you could say.

he ran his fingers through his hair and gripped it. he looked towards me as I closed the door behind me. I dropped my keys on the coffee table and rushed to archie. I hugged him, comforted him as much as I could.

"what's wrong?" I whispered into his ear as I rubbed his back softly. "I-I'm just so angry, hurt, so many things at the same time. i-i can't t-take it anym-more," he sniffs and continues to cry on my shoulder.

I lead him to the couch, we both sat down and he laid his head on my shoulder. I held his face and spoke again.

"arch, you're gonna be okay," I gave him a small smile. "i-i'm just so angry," he repeated a few times.