7

7
ELODIE MAY

Killian and I are having a staring competition. Or at least I think we are-he just keeps glaring at me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I tilt my head at him. "I feel like I seem to be upsetting you a lot, Mr Killian." I whisper and his face softens.

"You don't upset me, baby. You confuse me." He tells me and I frown, crossing my legs on the sofa.

"Why do I confuse you?" I question him further and he sighs, running his hands up and down his face.

"You just do. Enzo wants you to stay here and I want you to know that I do too, even if it may seem that I don't." Killian shrugs and I smile gently.

"That's very kind of you both but I can't stay here forever, I will have to leave eventually." I reason with him and he smirks.

"Yeah? Try telling Enzo that." He chuckles lightly. "How's your headache?" He asks, changing the subject.

"It's better." I nod my head, cuddling one of the cushions against my chest. "How old are you and Enzo?" I question, wanting to know more about the two men.

"I'm twenty-seven and Enzo is twenty-nine. What about you, baby?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Twenty-three." I smile and he nods. "How long have you and Enzo been friends?"

"Around fifteen years. I hear you work in a bakery, does that mean I get free cookies?" He questions a smirk on his face and I giggle.

"Only if you're nice." I grin. "What's your job?"

"I own a boxing club. You wanna go and see it?" I eagerly nod my head and he chuckles, standing up from his chair. "Come on then. Get your shoes on."

I rush to get my shoes and coat on and follow Killian towards the driveway outside. My eyes widen as I spot a dark grey Audi R8.

"Wow!" I whisper in amazement, I keep my hands to myself not wanting to tarnish it with my fingerprints.

"You like, baby?" I nod my head and watch as he opens the door for me. I give him a small smile and situate myself into the leather seats of the car.

Killian makes his way over to the drivers side and we begin the drive to his gym. I hum lightly to the music playing while looking out the window.

As soon as we arrive at his gym my eyes widen at the modern building in front of me. The car park is full of expensive cars, making me think that a membership here must be very expensive.

"This place looks cool." I compliment, turning my head to look at Killian who is already looking at me.

He nods. "You need to stay by my side, Elodie. No wondering off by yourself, do you understand me?" I nod my head but he raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, Killian." I beam and he releases a small breath, closing his eyes before getting out of the car.

I open the passenger door and climb out. Killian gives me a displeased look and I raise my eyebrows.

"I was going to open the door for you." He tells me and I smile.

"Next time." He nods and we make our way towards the entrance of the gym. My fingers twitch, wanting to hold his hand but I remember how he doesn't like to be touched so I keep them by my side.

Once we enter, the sound of people hitting pads and loud yells fill my ears. I shrink back a little when I spot two scary looking men sparring each other in a boxing ring.