EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE
ELODIE GARCÍA TORRES

2 years later

"What's your biggest fantasy?"

"Killian shut up!" I grit my teeth and his eyes widen but I go back to sorting out the baby pink and sage green pillows.

"Elodie, baby. Please stop stressing." Killian pleads for about the tenth time today but I brush him off.

I begin to fix the pink pillows on the bed.

"W-Why do these pillows look weird?!" I exclaim, running my hands through my hair. "It has to be perfect!" I place my hands on my hips and turn to face one of my husbands.

"They are perfect, baby." He whispers gently, slowly moving forward to stroke my face. "Little Ivy is going to love it."

My eyes begin to water.

"I just need it to be perfect. She has to know that this is her home and that she's going to be loved." I whisper, quickly wiping the tears away.

"Why is she crying?" Enzo begins to panic as he walks into the bedroom. He grabs hold of my face and looks my body up and down. "Did he steal your chocolate again, because I can go and get you another one right now?" I lightly giggle shaking my head.

Last week I bought myself a chocolate bar and I was very excited to eat it, only to find out that Killian had taken it — ate the whole damn thing!

"N-No, it's not that. It's the pillows!" I point over to them and Enzo furrows his eyebrows, looking just as confused as Killian. "The pillows, you two! The pillows!"

"Darling, the pillows are absolutely fine." Enzo whispers and I take a deep breath as he begins to rub my back with his warm hands.

"You know, I don't appreciate being accused of stealing the chocolate again. Very low of you." Killian speaks up and Enzo and I look at each other before playfully rolling our eyes.

"Where's the teddy bear I got her?" I go back into panic mode when I don't see the bear that I bought her. However, a sigh of relief escapes my lips when I turn and see it on top of her wardrobe. "Get that down, Killian and put it on the bed." I demand and his eyes widen.

"Okay, miss bossy boots." He retorts and I scowl at him.

"Hurry up, we need to get going!"

•••

We pull up outside my old orphanage and I gulp.

Of course it's a lot better than what it was when I was here because if it weren't there is no way I would let the children stay in this place.

Enzo and Killian give money every month to the orphanage which helps them a lot.

"You ready, my love?" Enzo questions as he opens the car door for me.

I slowly climb out of the car and look up at he tall building. Enzo, Killian and I walk into the orphanage and we are met by happy kids, running around everywhere. I smile at all of them, greeting them one by one.

"Elodie, hi!" Lainey, the woman in charge of the place greets with a warm smile. "Ivy is all set and ready. If you want to follow me to my office."

I follow behind her, my palms beginning to get sweaty.

What if she doesn't like me?

What if she doesn't want to live with us?

What if —