32

32
ELODIE MAY

"Enzo, are you okay?" I whisper, he's been tense for a while now and I'm starting to get a little worried about him.

However, I jump when the chair next to me scrapes across the floor and someone takes a seat next to me. I look to my right and my eyes widen when I spot Katie.

"Come here, baby." Killian whispers, keeping his eyes on the woman next to me.

I stand up and go to make my way over to him but hiss when Katie grabs hold of my hand tightly.

"Get off of her." Enzo growls out, his body tense.

"Such a pretty dress." Katie smiles, running her hand up and down the material of my dress. "And a pretty girl." She winks up at me and I gulp nervously.

"Let her go." Killian grits his teeth and Katie tilts her head at him.

"You know they did this all for me, Elodie. Made me feel like a princess before they decided to throw me to the side like a bit of rubbish." I watch as she picks up my drink and gulps the rest of it down. "Sit down, Elodie. You're going to want to hear this story about the men that you adore."

"Katie." Enzo's eyebrows are furrowed and I frown at the worried look on Killian's face. I slowly sit back down.

"Do you know that your boyfriend murders people and the other sells drugs?" A small gasp escapes my lips at Katie's question. "They lie, kill and sell drugs." She smirks.

"Stop lying." I say, beginning to feel angry at her accusations about my men. "You're just jealous because they never loved you."

"Shut the fuck up, you little brat." She snarls.

"You say that again and I won't be responsible for my fucking actions. Now why don't you just fuck off and stop bullshitting." Killian whispers harshly and I begin to feel uncomfortable.

"You don't believe me, Ellie. Well have a look at this." She hands me a pile of photos and I hold back my tears when I see Killian holding a gun up at a man who has clearly already been shot by him. Another picture is of Enzo at the club surrounded by drugs and women.

He looks much younger as well as Killian. I continue to look at them and freeze when I see pictures of body parts that are covered in blood and bruises.

"That's what they did to me."I hesitantly look up at Katie to see she now has watery eyes.

"Are you fucking joking?!" Enzo exclaims, causing heads to turn towards us. "We never did that to you, Katie and you fucking know that. Elodie, darling, don't believe what she's saying." Enzo pleads with me and I bite my lip.

"B-But these pictures." I stutter, feeling my breathing begin to increase. "These pictures." I release a shaky breath and stand up from my seat.

"Let's talk back at the hotel, please, darling. Try and calm down." Enzo stands up along with me and holds his arms out to me.

I nod my head.

"You're not fucking going anywhere either." Enzo growls out to Katie and stands up, grabbing her arm and dragging her out.

I follow behind the two with Killian behind me. We make it back to the hotel and I nervously fiddle with the sunflower necklace around my neck.

"You kill people." I whisper, looking up at Killian. "Y-You hurt people." My voice cracks and Killian's face fall.

He looks up at he ceiling and bites his lip and then I turn to look at Enzo.

"Do you kill people too?" I tilt my head and the tears begin to fall.

"I-I,"

"His nightclub is a cover up for the drug business he's in. He's a drug lord." Katie claps, a huge grin on her face. "Killian kills the ones that fuck things up."

I feel sick.

"Baby girl." Enzo whispers, his face filled with guilt and a sob escapes my lips.

Just when I thought I was finally in a happy place, I end up falling in love with criminals.

"You shut your mouth!" Enzo shouts at Katie who instantly shuts up. "Elodie, we would never ever hurt you. We tried to keep you away from that stuff, Killian and I love you very much." He reaches up with shaky hands and grabs hold of my cheeks.

"I do sell drugs a-and I know it doesn't justify anything but we only kill people who deserve it. They're disgusting people who have abused and tortured, they don't deserve to live." I look away from Enzo and try my best to control my breathing. "But I can promise you that we never laid a hand on that woman." He points over to Katie who has smug look on her face.

The look of a liar. I saw that look way too many times at the orphanage, when the girls would blame me for their wrong doings and I would get in trouble for it.

I believe that Enzo and Killian didn't put those bruises on her. The evil glint behind her eyes tells me that she's lying.

And even though I've just found out what it is these two really do, I don't love them any less.

"El?" I look at Killian who looks at me in worry. "Are you going to leave us?" He whispers, playing with his hands anxiously.

I shake my head at him and a sigh of relief escapes his lips.

"God, you're more fucking stupid than I thought you would be." Katie groans and stands up. I jump when Enzo and Killian pull out a gun and hold it out towards her.

"Shoot me, go on." She smirks. "Oh wait, you won't. Not in front of your submissive." Katie scoffs.

"Just leave us alone." I huff and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"That smart mouth might get you killed one day." She leans down to whisper in my ear and I furrow my eyebrows at the sound of a helicopter.

"That's my cue." She walks out confidently and I scream when Killian shoots a bullet just past her head. Katie turns back round and smirks.

"You've gone soft." She mutters, rolling her eyes and then disappearing round the corner.

I'm left in shock.

What the hell has just happened?

I walk out on the balcony and spot a helicopter taking off in the air. Another gunshot makes me jump and I see Killian next to me trying to shoot it down.

"Killian!" I exclaim and he drops the gun and then wraps his arms around me, burying his head in the crook of my neck. I can hear and see Enzo shouting something down the phone.

"I love you. I'm sorry." Killian whispers and after a couple seconds I wrap my arms around him. "We would never hurt you, please believe that." All I can do is nod my head.

"There's a jet ready for us."

"We're leaving?" I whisper in disappointment.

"We have to, darling." Enzo rushes around, grabbing things and stuffing it into a duffel bag.

I can feel myself begin to hyperventilate. My breathing starts to increase and my eyes begin to blur as I stumble back into Killian.

"El!" Killian's voice begins to become muffled. "El, baby?" I can just about hear his panicked state just before everything goes black.

•••

"Darling?" I can feel myself being shaken awake. I slowly open my eyes to see Enzo smiling gently at me.

I'm sat in the back of a car. I look out the window and see that we are on the runway — the jet waiting for us.

"Come on." Enzo lifts me out of the car and we begin our walk towards the jet.

Just then a huge ball of fire fills the air and a loud explosion fills my ear. We spin around to see the car that we were just in seconds ago, on fire.

This isn't good.

But then my heart drops.

"Wheres Killian?!"