38

38
ELODIE MAY

"You okay?" I nod my head as Enzo helps me up the stairs to our home.

It's been a week since I've been discharged from the hospital.

Killian hasn't come home.

"Baby, please don't cry." I sniffle and wrap my arms around Enzo.

He picks me up and walks us to the bedroom before taking a seat on the bed.

"Why won't he come back home?" I cry into Enzo's neck.

He sighs and rubs my back gently.

"It's my fault. I was harsh on him and I shouldn't of been." He whispers and I clench my eyes shut.

"I just want us all to be how we were before this happened. Happy." I sigh, wiping the last of my tears.

Enzo's phone begins to ring and he picks it up. His face instantly morphs into irritation at whoever's on the other end of the line.

"Fine. I'll be there in twenty." I furrow my eyebrows and he hangs up.

"Where are you going?" I tilt my head at him as he stands up and begins to put a shirt on and his suit jacket.

"There's an issue at the club. Gabriel won't tell me what it is down the phone." He whispers tiredly and I stand up. "You're staying here, baby. You're in no fit state to be going out anywhere."

I ignore him and go to find my shoes.

"El."

"I don't care. I'm coming with you, I don't want to be left alone here." Enzo soon gives in and nods his head.

"Okay, darling." He grabs my hand and then leads us out of the house and towards his car. "You stay by my side at all times, baby. No wondering off because I know what you're like." I nod my head at his instructions.

•••

The club is very busy.

Especially for a Thursday night.

We make our way to Enzo's office, his hold on my hand tight as we worm our way through the dancing bodies.

Gabriel is standing outside the office.

"Angel Gabriel." I beam and he smiles gently, giving me a small nod — Enzo tightens his arm around me.

"What's the issue?"

"Killian is the issue." My breath hitches at his words. "I know you've taken time off and said not to bother you but Killian's been coming in here every night for the past week. He's been causing fights and drinking loads, I'm just wondering if you're all okay." Gabriel looks between us and I look up at Enzo to see him biting his lip — a guilty look on his face.

"Where is he?"

"In your office. He's really intoxicated." My heart falls. "He said not to let you in Enzo because — and I quote, 'he'll punch you in the fucking face.'"

"Let me go in there." I offer.

"No." I frown up at Enzo. "He's very drunk, Elodie. I don't want him doing something I know he'll regret."

"I'll be okay." I reassure Enzo, reaching up to stroke his cheek. "I'll keep my distance and you're just outside." He hesitates for a bit before nodding his head.

I slowly open the door and make my way into the office. My heart breaks when I see Killian sat in a corner with his head in his hands. An empty bottle of alcohol lays next to him and as soon as he hear my footsteps his head shoots up.

I bite my trembling lip when he looks up at me with his bloodshot eyes.

"El?" He whispers and I smile gently.

"Hi, baby." I say in a soothing tone and slowly crouch down in front of him.

He flinches a little and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Why haven't you been home?" I tilt my head at him. "I miss you and I love you so much." His eyes begin to water.

"You still love me?" His voice cracks and I nod my head.

"I love you, so, so much. I know you're blaming yourself for what happened but don't, I'm not mad at you, I know it wasn't your fault." I reassure him but he clenches his eyes shut and hits the back of his head against the wall.

"I hate myself for what I did to you." He slurs a little and I shuffle forward and then wrap my arms around him.

As if my heart couldn't break anymore, it does when Killian wraps his arms around me and begins to sob into my chest.

"Please don't hate me." He cries and I stroke the top of his head, placing a light kiss on top.

"I could never hate you, my love." I coo and his arms tighten. "I just want you and Enzo to stop arguing. He's been really worried about you, Killian."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Just come home." I tell him and he nods his head against my chest.

"I love you." He whispers. "Can we just stay like this for a while?" He asks resting his head on my shoulder.

"Okay." I continue to stroke his hair as we sit on the floor together.

After around fifteen minutes Enzo walks in and freezes when he sees Killian and I.

"Can I join?" He whispers, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Come here." I smile and Enzo sits on the other side of me, resting his head on my other shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Killian." He says and I smile.

"It's okay." Killian replies.

My heart now fills with joy, happy that we are all back together again.

A/N
Nearly finished 🧡