Chapter 36

I walked through the hallway and went down to her office. I entered the passcode and walked inside, Garcia was talking with Morgan.

"Hey", she looked up at me and so did Derek. I stepped closer to the two of them.

"I'm sorry... about yesterday. It really wasn't a good day for me."

Morgan leaned back in the chair, "You yelled... y/n you don't raise your voice. You wanna talk about it." I sighed and sat down. I didn't want to be the person that was completely closed off from everyone else.

I was talking to Morgan more than Garcia because she already knew about Chloe's death. "I was called down to the morgue yesterday because a friend of mine was murdered."

"Agent Prescott", Garcia answered.

"Yeah, she was my roommate in college and was also in Hotch's class with me." I shouldn't have said that but honestly I didn't really care at this point.

"Wait, you two knew each other before you were hired."

"Yeah, we were friends." They just smiled and glanced at each other like they knew some secret. "You and Hotch?"

I nodded.

"You sure you're just friends? A little bird told me that she saw you somewhere yesterday." Of course Garcia told him.

That woman is everything but silent. I should've asked her to keep it quiet at least with that information, she would've respected it. I wasn't mad at her though I knew that she probably would've anyways.

"Ahh, well since I'm assuming the bird was curious enough to track my phone", I turned from Morgan to Garcia and she smirked. "And that she saw I was at Hotches, there I said it... I was at his house."

"And may we ask why?", Derek asked with his eyebrows raised.

"No you may not but obviously your profiler brain doesn't turn off and you'll figure it out eventually, but I'm not going to be the one to tell you. Now if that's all I— actually we have work to do."

I tugged on Morgan's arm and pulled him up. He started chuckling as we said bye to Garcia while walking out of her office.

The door shut behind him, "You're not gonna tell me what you were doing there? Cause while you were there he was here. You were there by yourself.... in his house." I rolled my eyes and he kept his focus on me.

"What do you think I was doing?", he gave me a smug grin. I started laughing and I nudged his shoulder. He raised his eyebrows, "I'm right aren't I?" He saw the blush creeping onto my face. "Yup, I am."

"Yeah okay", when we walked into the bullpen we went our separate ways. Yesterday being in a slightly dark place I was grieving painfully myself and honestly even if they didn't know it completely, the team was helping me.

The little jokes they told brought a smile to my face.

It pushed that grief to the side, but I had ways to go before I was actually fine and I made peace with that fact. These things took the time they needed to pass through.

The rest of the day we were all working, there was so much that needed to be done. There was no time for a subtle conversation anywhere in the day.

When everything was over I felt someone standing over me, I looked up.

"Oh hey", Reid had his bag over his shoulder as he was getting ready to leave. "You're still coming tomorrow right."

I forgot about the convention with the events that occurred in the last week. I was still excited to go even though I know for a fact I wasn't going to understand anything they were going to be talking about.