Chapter 37

I sighed out and stared at the ceiling. Aaron had an arm resting across my stomach and it rested on my hip. When I felt his fingers start to form circles on my skin I knew he was awake. "Aaron?"

He hummed in response, "What do you want for breakfast? I don't know what time Spencers coming, I wanna make sure you get something to eat."

"Is that today... it'll be good to get you out of the house a little bit." I had been too cooped up, as much as I didn't like it I needed someone other than Aaron right now. Not that he was a problem, I just needed someone well— like Spencer or the team.

"To be somewhere other than the office." I said, not wanting to see the words of another case burned into my brain for once.

"Then when you come home you can tell me all about it. I know I usually brush over Reids rambling but it does peak my interest. What convention are you guys going to again?"

"Science, he wants to see this quantum physicist. I don't remember his name." He'd mentioned him before but it's Reid, he's always talking about something or someone. It was hard to keep track sometimes.

"Hmm but also I think you mean us... Jessica dropped off Jack earlier this morning and I can make breakfast."

"I know and I love it when you cook but I wanna do it." I picked up his hand and rolled over on my side, being face to face with him. His hair was tousled to the side, I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair, combing it out. I saw his eyes dilate at the sight of me.

"Okay, impress me." He said chuckling. Aaron lifted his head and smiled while he pecked my lips. We climbed out of bed and I checked my phone and saw a text from Spencer.

Reid - Im should be your apartment by 2pm

Before I hopped into the shower I texted him back quickly.

Y/n - I'm not there... can you actually pick my up at Hotches

I placed my phone back on the nightstand and got into the shower, doing my normal routine.

The text I sent to Reid got him thinking, why was I over there? Why was I over at his place so early in the morning" Spencer was probably overthinking it and he was unable to stop his racing mind. He shrugged it off and was going to ask me later instead.

My shower was fairly fast and by the time I was done Aaron had Jack up and ready. I walked into the kitchen with my hair still slightly damp and Jack smiled over in my direction. "Hi." I sat next to him, patting his shoulder.

"Hey buddy", Aaron turned around and gave me my greatly appreciated cup of coffee. He made sure to make enough so I could have another cup right after knowing I get headaches if I don't. "Did you put the caramel in it?"

"Of course", I grinned and stood up going into the fridge. "Thank you."

"Y/n, dad said you were making pancakes?" I gave a side eye to Aaron who was grinning and happily pouring Jack a glass of orange juice. "Sure, what kind do you want?"

"He wants peanut butter, right?" He gave Jack the glass and Aaron was subtly nodding to his son. He leaned down and started whispering in his ear. Aaron wanted the peanut butter and I thought it was cute to see him bonding with his son.

"Yeah we do."

I smiled and got out the ingredients and the boys sat down at the table. "Can you help me with my work?" Aaron nodded and told him to grab it. Jack ran into his room to get the work that was due over the weekend. As I was cooking I would look over and Aaron was trying to help him, teaching him some basic math like three times nine.