Chapter three

One week later...

"Crap, I overslept!". I looked over at the alarm clock and realised I only had 30 minutes till our meeting with management.

I rushed around the hotel room, washing, dressing and checking I had everything I needed.

I'd been staying at the hilton hotel since I got back to London. Harry kept saying I could move back in with him but I needed my space. I needed to shift the demons.

I couldn't forget though. Not yet!.

I'd spoken to my mum. She'd said to come back home to Doncaster for a while and chill. I couldn't though. I know it sounds silly but I just wanted to throw myself back into my work. I'd been sat every day, writing lyrics. I found myself pouring my heart into this. They say the best songs are written because of heartache. Well, this will become a number one then.

Eleanor hadn't tried to call or text me. Maybe that was for the best. She had even blocked me on Facebook. Well, if that's the way she wants to play it.

I hailed a taxi. I didn't want to drive in rush hour traffic and headed over to one of many meetings with management. I know I was going to be late but I got the taxi to stop at Starbucks on the way. I needed the caffeine to get me going.

With my head a little clearer, I walked into the meeting. The other boys were already there.

"Looks like someone had a rough night", Liam uttered.

"Yeah, didn't sleep so well mate", I replied.

Truth was, I hadn't slept properly since I got back to London. Every time I closed my eyes, I thought of her. The pictures kept going through my head of her and him together. I'd been a good boy though. I hadn't drunk since that night.

Regret!. That's what I felt. Why did I let myself sink so low. Management had gone crazy with me when I got back. They wondered whether I had a problem and did I need some rehab. I had to laugh and tell them no. It was a one off and it wouldn't happen again. They were happy with this but told me to get my act together.

"Alright guys, we're here to tell you how pleased we are with the tour and that we've decided to get planning for the next one".

Five faces stared back blankly.

"Don't we get anytime off?", Niall spoke first. "We've only just got back. I wanted to spend some time off before we got back into things".

"I know the fans love us but we need to unwind", Liam uttered.

I didn't say anything. Personally, I was happy as I could get away again.

I wasn't going to let my feelings get the better of me again. I wasn't going to end up in another hospital.

Then a voice came into my head. That voice. I've heard it every night for the last week. Comforting. Telling me it's going to be alright. Sarah. The nurse from the hospital.

"Louis, what do you think?".

"Pardon". I realised I had been daydreaming.

"We were discussing that we want you guys back on tour in 4 months. This one will last for 6 months and will take in the uk and Europe".

"I'm fine with that", I replied.

"But we agreed that we want to have that 4 months off before we go", Harry stated.

"We're fine with that", management replied, "so what will you do?".

"I'm going back to Ireland", Niall spoke up.