Chapter five

Sarah's point of view...

What just happened, I thought to myself?. I pinched myself to check I wasn't dreaming and then regretted it as it hurt.

Ok girl, re-cap!. Louis Tomlinson just turned up at my work, told me he wanted to see me and then asked me out in-front of my friends.

Is this a date?. No, it couldn't be. It's just him saying thank you. He could get a million and one girls. All better looking than me. More interesting than me.

My mind was racing.

I started to go crazy. What was I going to wear?. Should I go casual or knock his socks off?.

It took me about 30 minutes to get home. Thank god, I know a few short-cuts. I had my CD player blaring in the background. I kept thinking I should go and buy something from one direction now. I knew a few of their songs. I had even sung more than this in karaoke one night, but I couldn't call myself a directioner.

I had to admit to myself that they were all good looking and yes, they could sing. I liked how they always and genuinely seemed to love what they were doing. They seemed to live each day for what it was and one of their song titles came into my head. Live while we're young!. Ok, mr Tomlinson. Tonight, I will do just that.

I pulled up at my little flat and opened the door. I was met by my black cat Tiggr. Yes, I named him after the character in the Winnie the Pooh books. I rescued him and he was now my baby boy. I remember the phone call I received 6 months ago telling me to pick him up or he was being drowned. He then cost me £2000 after he was hit by a car. But, I couldn't let him go. He was a mummy's boy.

Ok, where do I begin. I worked out that I had about 3 hours before Louis would be picking me up. Right, shower first!. Climbing in, I had the radio on in the background and I found myself singing along. I couldn't help it. I'd loved singing since I was a 4 year old, sitting in the back of my father's delivery van after school. We used to sing along together to anything and he would always say that I would become a singer one day.

I did work as a team star ( the equivalent of a red coat at butlins) one summer whilst waiting to go back to university, but I'm way too busy for that now. I had worked with H who was in the pop group Steps. He said to keep my dreams alive and go for broke. Yeah!. All I could think of now, was I am virtually broke. Nursing pay sucks!.

I came out of the shower feeling refreshed. I opened my wardrobe and tried to think of an outfit. I settled for my classic little black dress. It had shoestring straps and ended just above the knee, though it had a low cut back. I always loved this dress. It seemed elegant, but allowed me to feel feminine.

I twinned it with black heels and subtle gold cuff bracelets and a thin, gold choker.

I don't normally wear make-up. Not appropriate in my line of work, though I managed to keep the tattoos hidden. Tonight, though, I created myself a smokey eye effect and added some mascara. I finished the look with some red lipstick and I was happy with the result. I left my hair down. Again, something I couldn't do at work. It reached down to my lower back and was a dark shade of brown. This went well with my blue eyes. I suddenly thought. Louis has blue eyes. Again, I find myself thinking about his eyes. Stop it!, I had to tell myself.

I realised it was quarter to eight,so after feeding Tiggr, I sat down to wait.

Louis's point of view...

I drove away from the hospital with so many thoughts going through my head. Confusion, elation but most of all hope.

I wondered what the boys would say if they could see me now?. They'd probably compare me to a love struck teenager, but I didn't care. I needed this. I need some happiness in my life again and hell , I deserved this. Why couldn't I be happy?.

I drove to Cardiff bay and checked myself into the St David's hotel. After unpacking, I decided to take a walk along the bay. The sea air always made me feel hungry, so I stopped at cadwaladers ice cream parlour. Ice cream in hand, I sat down at a nearby bench to watch the boats sail in and out of the harbour. Now and then, someone would stop and ask if I was Louis Tomlinson from one direction. They would ask for an autograph and this , I gladly gave, as well as posing for pictures. I always loved our fans. So dedicated and well, they're the reason I'm where I am.

After sitting for half an hour or so, I decided to head back to the hotel to get ready.

Do I call tonight a date, I thought?. Am I being presumptuous?. What should I wear?.

I decided on black trousers, twinned with a white shirt and a black jacket. I decided against a tie. Too formal, I thought.

After showering, I got dressed and paid some attention to my hair. I wanted to look just right.

With a last check, I got into my car and punched in the postcode Sarah had given me. Here we go, I thought.

After driving for about 40 minutes, I pulled up outside a small block of flats. I was on time for once.

I made my way to flat number 20 and knocked on the door.

"Door's open. Make yourself at home", I heard Sarah shout.

I opened the door and walked inside. She really must not let people in like this. I could have been a burglar or a murderer, I chuckled to myself.

"Nice flat", I shouted. "Very homely", I laughed.

"Ok, I get it", Sarah shouted back. "I know it's small and probably nothing like the palace your living in".

"Actually, you could say I'm homeless at the moment", I answered. "That's my first task when I get back to London",

A door opened and Sarah appeared. My jaw dropped. If beauty was in the eye of the beholder, then mine were fixed and dilated. Hospital uniforms certainly did nothing for the female figure and boy, Sarah had a figure!.

"Wow, you look stunning", was all I could think of to say. Smooth, Louis. Real smooth.

"Thanks", Sarah replied and gave me a twirl. "Are we ready to go?".

"Let's hit the road", I answered and with that, we left.