Chapter twenty four...

Louis point of view...

Strip lights. Another hospital bed.

"Where am I?", I struggled to say.

"Im here", Sarah whispered and I noticed that she was holding my hand.

"This is familiar", I laughed.

"But this time, it's not your fault", Sarah answered.

A knock sounded and two policeman entered. It turned out that CCTV from local shops had caught Eleanor driving her car into me and stupidly, she had been driving her own car, so they were able to trace the number plate. It seemed that she had been drunk and had tracked me down to Harry's house.

"Is she ok?", I found myself saying.

"no!", one of the policeman said. "She was found at the wheel of the car after it had crashed. I'm afraid she had died when she crashed the car after driving away from you".

I didn't know what to say but Sarah surprised me.

"I hope that you can tell Eleanor's family that Louis is thinking of them at this time".

The two policeman smiled and left.

"You didn't have to say that", I spoke.

"Louis, as much as I would love to say I hate Eleanor right now, I can't. She betrayed you and she had to Live with that. She couldn't do that and I saw how hard she tried to get you back. I know that you loved her and I'm not going to desecrate her memory. Not now. I know that you love me Louis. I really do. This isn't going to break us".

I smiled and held onto Sarah's hand.

"How did you get so wise beyond your years", I whispered.

"I grew up fast", Sarah replied before leaning down and kissing me gently.

The door opened and a quiet cough was heard. Sarah returned to her chair.

"Hi, I'm doctor Adebajo and I came to talk about your accident".

"I hope nothing serious", I replied. "The band go back on tour in a few months and I don't need to be injured".

"Then you'll be happy with what I have to say", the doctor said.

"You do have a fracture to the left wrist, hence the cast but apart from bumps and bruises, everything appears to be ok. I think you got away lucky".

The door opened and Johannah came rushing in.

I attempted to reassure my mum that I was ok and that I just had a fracture to my wrist.

The lads came rushing through the door.

"before you say anything", I said. "No I havn't been drinking this time ".

I told everyone the story of the accident and how it was Eleanor. They all looked in shock when I told them that it had been Eleanor and how she had died when the car crashed.

I felt blessed that I had such good mates who thought of me and such a wonderful girlfriend in Sarah. I realised that we take so much for granted and I wouldn't have my life any other way right now.

"I knew you said that she had taken the split bad but I can't believe she would do that", Liam said.

"me either mate". I replied. "I just hope that she's found peace".

The room was deadly quiet. No one really knew what to say.

"The doctor said that I can leave tomorrow. They just wanted me here for observations. You can all write on my cast", I said to break the silence.