Chapter fourty three...

Sarahs point of view...

I thought I'd been careful. I had really thought that Louis wouldn't find out but here I was, driving to pick up Ceridwen knowing that she was going to meet her father for the first time that evening.

I had gone over and over things in my head, playing every possible scenario. I had thought about running again but what good would that do?. I had a new life and I guess I was scared of letting Louis in again.

But then again, should I be worried?. Was I being selfish?. I had been thinking about myself and not Ceridwen. Maybe I'm letting my life mirror that of my parents,  I thought. Maybe Ceridwen does need a father in her life. 

I still loved Louis. That would never change but I had to be prepared for tonight.

I pulled over the car at the nursery and composed myself. Getting out, I walked over and rang the bell.

"Hey, it's sarah Taylor, I'm here for Ceridwen"

The buzzer sounded and I went in. There was Ceridwen ready with her bag and coat.

"Hey cariad", I spoke pulling her into a big hug. "How was your day?. Did you eat all your lunch?".

"Yes mama", she replied. "I made this", she spoke handing me a drawing.

"It's great", I answered. "Now how about we get back and we can watch a disney film?".

"Yes. We can watch frozen".

I laughed as I think we had watched it so many times but Ceridwen always loved it. 

We got into the car and drove back to the flat. My heart was in my mouth. Louis was going to see her. Our daughter. 

I settled Ceridwen in front of the tv and then hurried around the flat, trying to clean up. Being a single mum had meant that housework was not always top of my list.

I kept finding myself looking at the clock. I saw every few minutes ticking by and with it my anxiety increased. My heart was beating so fast, I swear anyone could have heard it.

Louis point of view...

I managed to get through the day, though I swear I have never been this nervous. I was going to meet my daughter. Ceridwen. I kept playing her name over and over in my head. Blessed song. I loved the name. 

I had gone through every emotion in the last few hours. I was angry. Angry that she hadn't told me about our daughter. Happy  that I was now going to be part of her life. That sarah was letting me in. Most of all, I felt scared. Would this go well. Would my daughter love me. Would Sarah love me?.

I went back to our house, showered and changed. I decided to go casual. Black jeans, my ramones t shirt and vans. Only Liam knew what had happened. I couldn't tell the others yet. I needed to do this on my own before I told them. He swore he would keep our secret.Clutching my heart in my hands, I hailed a taxi and made my way over to Sarahs flat.

I stood in front of a block of flats. Locating the correct buzzer, I pressed and waited. This was it. No going back.

Sarahs point of view...

I heard the buzzer ring and pressed for Louis to enter.

This was it. No going back.

Louis point of view...

I approached the door and paused before knocking gently.

The door opened and there stood sarah with ceridwen in her arms.

"Louis, I'd like you to meet your daughter", she spoke.

I felt my heart skip a beat. She took my breath away. So beautiful... And I helped make her.