Chapter six

Louis point of view...

We chatted like old friends whilst I drove us to Cardiff. To the outsiders we came across as though we had known each other for years. Conversation was easy with Sarah.

We talked about our families and where we went to school. Sarah told me that she had originally thought of being an engineer. She had completed her work experience in British gas and I was shocked when she told me that she had qualifications in physics, chemistry, biology and electronics. She said she had changed her mind and gone into nursing when her father died. She said it was like a calling and one that she would never change.

We parked and made our way over to Terra Novas.

Cardiff is such a thrilling and vibrant city. A clash of cultures that fit together like a jigsaw. 

Saturday night in Cardiff bay and the place was packed. We both ordered beers and found a spot to sit that was out of the way.

"A nurse who drinks beer. I'm impressed", I laughed.

"Well, thank you sir", she replied "no repeat of the other week, I hope?".

"No thank you", I said.

My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller I.d. Harry, it stated. I answered the call, knowing I would get no peace if I didn't.

"Hey, how's being young, free and single?", I joked.

I could hear music playing in the background. Another one of his famous parties, no doubts.

"It's all good here", Harry answered. "Where are you?. You took off after the meeting and I havn't seen or heard from you since. It's like you got whisked away by aliens".

"No, not aliens". I paused before I carried on. I knew he would think I was stupid but I wasn't ready to tell him about Sarah yet. "I'm back In Cardiff. Drove down this morning".

"What on earth?". I heard Harry's volume getting louder. "Why in hell's name are you back there?. Are you trying to patch things up with Eleanor?".

"No mate. I'm never going back there. Trust me. I'm not touching her ever again".

It felt good to say those words and I meant every one of them. The only thing was , i still had to get my things back. I guess one visit to the apartment won't help. I still had the key and I could always arrange a time when I knew she would be in work. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

I realised I was on the phone to Harry.

"Look Harry, I'm in a club at the moment. Can I call you back later?"

"Your with someone, aren't you?", Harry enquired. I could hear him chuckling.

"We've known each other too long,you know that", i laughed. "You can read me like a book".

"Well go get some. It might cheer you up. You'd been sulking round us for a week and frankly, we were getting worried about you and remember to use protection!", Harry said sarcastically.

"I could say the same for you", I added. "I know how those parties of yours end up".

Harry laughed.

"I'll be back soon mate and we can go house hunting together. I'll call and let you know when I'll be back".

We said goodbye and I hung up.

"Sorry about that", I said to Sarah. "I left to come down here after a meeting with management and I kind of forgot to tell the boys where I was going. They worry about me, especially since the break up and..."