chapter fourty two

"we can go this weekend. say its a field camping trip to budapest."

right now, there are two things on peter's mind. food, and how mj can be so good looking when she's serious. then everything got snapped away because his friend is in danger.

"new beeps! it's a voice message!" ned exclaimed. he took out his laptop and scanned the chip on the device they made. it wasn't just a voice recording.

"it's seven!" mj exclaimed and ran up to the laptop. the place was a mess. it looked like a warehouse, grey and filled with muck. a exhausted seven was slumped against the wall, hair let down but tangled up at the ends. you could tell that her face was pale even with the dim lights. one of her eyes was bruised and her lips too, dried blood on her bottom lip. her white oversized shirt was tattered and grey, and she looked like she hadn't ate for five months.

"play the video," mj said. the three of them looked at each other and ned pressed play.

immediately the sound of metal clanging resounded the room, making all of them wince. but seven seemed used to it as she simply shut her eyes and pulled her legs to her chest, the view shifting to the door as it screeched open.

"so kid, ready to talk?" a voice said. a man walked into view, holding on to what looked like a metal bar on his hand. he had a cynical smile. there was no response from anyone, and the man raised his hand with the metal bar, the view changing to the ground as the camera shook violently. they heard thready breaths as the camera shook again and again. they heard seven cry out in pain as the camera's view changed to the ceiling.

mj sat back onto ned's bed, the camera still in sight. she was going to throw up. "you know this is never gonna end unless you start talking. your friends won't save you. no one knows this place exists, back of the market, under the ground... really, nothing?"

"alright," then the man took a quick sharp breath before a resounding crack was heard. everything went in slow motion. seven took a sharp breath as the camera view shifted diagonally. then a loud thud. the man dropped the metal bar, the metal resounding the empty room, before heading to the door and slamming it shut.

then they were left in pitch darkness.