chapter thirty four

"bye happy!" peter exclaimed as he got off the car first, followed by seven, "see ya."

"hey, kid," happy stopped her as she was just about to get out. "hmm?" she turned back to look at him, curious as to why he stopped her. "you're special, you know that?" he gave her a comforting smile.

"thanks... happy," she cocked her eyebrow as she replied, "see ya." she turned back to look as happy drove off into the garage, confused and surprised that happy would talk to her.

"seven come on! we have to get working on the designs for the competition!" peter exclaimed from the lobby, adrenline pumping in his body making him jump up and down in excitment. seven laughed, and joined him as they took the lift up to the penthouse.

"hey kids," tony said as peter literally dragged seven through the kitchen, threw her a banana and took one for himself, then dragged her again to the lab. "hey mr stark," she gave her a shy smile before getting pulled across the hall.

and before tony could say another word, they were out of his sight. he shook his head and sighed before going to the lab too. friday switched on the lights as peter and seven walked in to his lab. even though it was smaller, seven was still in awe at the creations he had and his researches.

peter placed his bag on the sofa, and so did seven. he began to research on what to do, so seven walked around for abit and discovered a letter. it was on the opposite end of the room beside all his other creations, his old web shooters held the brown envelope in place.

natalie colette romanova-banks
seven

but peter doesn't know her full name, and that didn't look like his handwriting. definitely not tony or bruce or natasha or clint or stephen's either. she turned to look at peter before picking the letter up and opening it.

i've been watching you. i've watched you kill your best friend, innocent children, kids. blood on your hands, red in your ledger, you can never erase that away.

seven looked up and around her. all of a sudden, she felt a hole in her gut, wind blowing against her as she shook her head in fear. who will be watching her?

it seems that you've seeked shelter with the avengers. now, if you don't want more blood on your hands, leave. you're going to kill more people with your powers unless you leave. but first, meet me at the rooftop of the avengers tower on the 7th of august, 2am.

don't be late.

seven turned the paper over and under, trying to find out who wrote the letter to her, but to no avail. 7th August, that's tomorrow. "seven, how 'bout this? come take a look!" peter waved his hands to her, asking her to come over to his side.

blood on your hands.

"i- i gotta go peter. i'll be back. i promise!" she took her bag and ran out of the lab, leaving a confused peter behind. she let out a sigh, running towards the elevator but knocked into someone. "hey kid," she looked up to see tony, "you alright? you're pale." she read tony's worried expression, then waved it off, "i- i'm okay," she ran off into the distance, making tony as confused. she rushed into her room and shut the door, then sat at her desk.

"friday?" she asked in between deep breaths. "yes seven," friday's voice echoed. "c-can you..." seven started, then paused again. "i'm sure i can help with whatever that you want me to do," friday said, rather chirpily. "pull up the footage of peter's lab from this morning please," seven said, taking in a deep breath and flipped open the laptop on her desk. the laptop was stephen's old one, and he decided to give it to her since she really needed one for her assignments.

"you don't have authorization for that, seven," friday said. "i thought you said you could help," seven sighed, "nevermind. thanks anyway." she then thought about peter. he did hack into HYDRA and SHIELD's database before...

and before long, seven cracked the firewall and all the security features, got into friday's system quietly and looked through the footage from peter's room. no one was in the room for the whole day, except tony, who came in to admire his son's work for an hour before leaving. she looked around awhile and winded the footage back a little more, then found it.

6th august
02:00:00

a man walked in. he scanned his tag and got in, then looked around for awhile before placing the envelope on the table, putting peter's old web shooters above it before leaving, not touching anything else.

but how did he get onto the floor? and how was he able to scan his tag and get in?

she looked closer at what he was wearing: all black, but something caught her eye. stark towers. he's an employee of tony! she couldn't spot any distinctive features of him. maybe a beard? but that was it. he had a tall build, but it was so dark she couldn't see anything other than that.

but why would he want to do anything to her? and how does he know about everything?