chapter thirty six

5 hours left.
seven changed into her favourite beige cargo pants and black hoodie before rushing out of her room and into stephen's lab. she quickly slipped in and shut the blinds before looking for stephen's slip rings. he usually places the extra in his lab, the one he uses in his cloak in his room.

she picked it up at the side of the table and took in the a deep breath, before thinking of kamar taj and focusing on making a portal. she managed to, within 2 minutes, and walked in right at the square of kamar taj. the sun was starting to rise, and the students were getting out of the rooms to head down for breakfast. seven quickly hid herself, and tried to find her way to the ancient one, or wong. anyone that can help her.

she headed first to the library, to see if wong was decking out some beyonce tunes, and as expected, he was.

she slipped in quietly and tried to see if she could pause his playlist using magic. standing sat the corner of the room, she took off one side of wong's earpiece instead, making him jolt up in surprise.

"hey wong," she smiled, making wong feel relieved immediately. "hey kid," he smiled, "what are you doing here? is stephen with you?" "no... he doesn't know i'm here. i'm here because i need help. is the ancient one around?" seven asked.

"of course she is. come, i'll bring you to her. she should be at the square," wong said, standing up and removing his earpiece. "nice playlist you got there," seven said, "but there's more to music than beyonce." wong looked at her, amused, as she talked more about the different music genres and variety.

"good morning wong," the ancient one said as they were walking towards her, "see you've brought someone." wong looked at seven, who was intrigued, and said, "yeah. kid here needs your help." the ancient one turned around to face the both of them, and wong retreated after the ancient one nodded her head.

"so, how can i be of help?" the ancient one asks as she walks along the square, gesturing seven along. seven stays silent for awhile, before looking up, "well... i think you already know."

back at the tower
"you noticed too?" natasha asked as she and stephen were at the side bar, the rest of the avengers had went back to their rooms (or to the labs). "quite easy to miss, but yeah," stephen said. over the past 2 months that seven had been staying in the tower (it was a really long process, maybe i can make a sub-chapter for it or sth), both of them started to pick up little quirks that seven had, and what she'll do whenever she's nervous or really anxious.

"we should keep an eye on her. she completely zoned out in her room before dinner, and i think it was something else- not school, that's peter's issue," natasha said and cut stephen off when he was just about to mention school. he gave a confused look, but waved it off.

"friday?" stephen asked. "yes dr stephen?" friday replied. "is... natalie in her room?" he asked. "no sir," friday said. natasha looked at stephen, eyes widened.

"where is she?" natasha asked. "it appears she is not in the tower. she left dr stephen's lab," friday replied. "oh my-" stephen exclaimed and the both of them rushed to stephen's lab.

"sling ring's gone," stephen said, "she's at kamar taj, it's fine." natasha looked at him, "how are you so sure? didn't she portal herself towards death the previous time?" (again, story for another time) stephen shrugged, "gut feeling. just let them handle it. they'll be able to help."

kamar taj.
4 hours left
"i do know," the ancient one said. seven nodded her head, "so... can you help?" the ancient one sighed, "you know it won't work if i tell you what's going to happen. but there are people who can help you."

"but what if i hurt them. i have no idea who's watching me," seven exasperated. "mm," the ancient one shut her eyes and took a deep breath. seven looked at her with confusion.

"stay here and train with them, then go back. you have time," she said.

"you'll let me?" seven exclaimed, feeling the adrenaline rushing. "it's harder than you think, kid," the ancient one smiled, "come on, let's go." she walked her back to square and let her stand at the back to as the training started.