chapter eight - instincts

she could feel herself being electrocuted.

spider-man ran to her, but she was being tased by one of the HYDRA members. her whole body fell onto the ground, out cold. her wound was bleeding profusely.

"seven! no," jeremiah ran to her too, in worry.

"get her straight to the labs. dr. banner will be there," tony said as the fight was over, natasha running over to them. peter nodded his head and picked seven up with ease, "she's incredibly light." the spider's eyes softened. "yeah her bmi's 14.3, now let's move it shall we?" tony exclaimed and peter immediately reacted.

"i- i got to go. make sure she's okay? please?" jeremiah said as the younger kids called for him. peter nodded his head and left for the tower, natsha trailing behind them.

"dr. banner! dr. banner! dr. banner!" peter exclaimed as he rushed into the avengers tower and down to the labs to meet bruce. "what happened?" bruce asked as he got peter to place the girl on the bed. the medical team started working on her.

"there was a fight and she was inside and then she got tased by someone and then she passed out," peter rambled as he took off his mask, "and she also got shot on the arm." bruce's eyes widened but he didn't say anything. isn't this kid 16?

"is she okay? how is she? is she breathing?!" natasha burst into the lab and exclaimed, rushing towards seven. bruce and peter looked at each other before bruce told them to go out as he examined her. "and yes, she's still alive, nat. don't worry, she seems like a strong kid," bruce said as peter was tugging natasha out of the door.

natasha can't believe she's worried over a kid. she was trained not to care about anyone in the world. but after meeting clint's family, and having a thing for bruce, her feelings started to show for the kid in that lab. peter comforted her as they waited outside the lab for bruce to examine her.

"fury sents his 'good job' to you. and for you kid, his 'what the hell was a kid doing there'," tony walks to the duo fifteen minutes later and says. he was already in his shirt and sweatpants, his arc reactor glowing from under his shirt. peter groans, "i'm not a kid mr stark! i'm 16. i'm practically a young adult."

"pft, i'm pretty sure you're still a teen. and in mr stark's eyes, you're always going to be a kid," natasha smiled. peter rolls his eyes and got a punch in the shoulder from tony. "how's the girl?" tony asked. "nothing from bruce yet," natasha replied and sighed, "i really don't get why i'm so worried for her."

"hey nat, i'm pretty sure it's maternal inst-incts... i mean look. me and peter, same thing," tony sat beside her and explained, but got a glare from natasha and a cringe from peter. natasha and peter looked at each other and burst out laughing. "i never knew the mighty iron man had paternal instincts!" peter exclaimed. tony rolled his eyes and faced his son, "i'm taking the suit away," before he turned around again to face natasha. peter's face widened in shock while natasha laughed.

"if anything, tony, i'm her sister, not her mum," natasha said. "true, but i'm sure it's some instincts somewhere," tony gave peter a look before looking at natasha again,"remember when peter got bullied in school? oh man i had never seen you that scary, let alone to a 15 year old kid."

right on cue, the lab door slid open and bruce came out fixing his glasses.