chapter fourty six

"aunt nat?" peter says as he looks at the comms. it had been fifteen minutes, and natasha hadn't taken one glance at peter and his friends. they were currently on a jet back to base.

"we found her," peter says, and that made natasha look. natasha took a deep breath, "don't lie to me peter. you know i-" "she's here."

mj took the device and headed to one of the sleeping quarters of the plane, and showed the inside of it. seven was sleeping soundly, holding on to her wound site. natasha covered her mouth in shock, "i need to tell stephen. how long till you arrive the tower?"

"two hours," clint chimed in. "you were in on this too?" natasha asked, furious. "yep," clint said, giving her a look that made her go soft again. both of them could read each other like a book. "see you guys in two."

THE AVENGER'S TOWER

natasha was waiting nervously at the helipad for her sister. it had been two months and two months too long. she should have stayed with her that night.

"natalie," she exasperated as she saw seven. she looked like death. seven looked up and immediately limped to natasha with the help of clint. "i missed you," seven whispered as natasha embraced her. "sorry i couldn't save you," natasha said in russian, cradling her sister in her arms in tears, as seven held her sister close.

but the reunion didn't last long as seven lost her grip of natasha. natasha held her up as clint lent a hand.

"natasha," she looked worringly at her older sister. "c'mon let's fix you better," natasha said, picking her off the ground as stephen ran towards them. as quickly as they could, they brought her to the operating room again, this time with more doctors than before.

SEVEN'S ROOM • AVENGER'S TOWER

natasha had been in seven's room for the past week,  ever since she came out of surgery. the kid hasn't woken up yet, which made natasha nervous and worried.

"here," clint said softly as he brought food for the both of them. he looked into the room as the floor to ceiling window revealed a beautiful crimson sky. "thanks," natasha said in response, picking at the food. "i cooked tonight. so make sure you finish everything," he said, making her laugh.

"did you see her scars?" clint asked after a moment of silence. natasha looked up from her food. "similar to the ones i got from budapest," she mumbled. "it's their doing... but yelena and i, we killed them all and..."

"i saw peter's tape," clint said grimly, "the kids got the last of them, once and for all." he recalled the footage he was watching on the way to budapest, when peter was looking at a motionless dreykov, "including him."

i- mj i killed him didn't i?

he's a bad guy peter, he did this to seven! but uh... yeah he's dead.

ohhh okay i just killed a guy...

clint smirked and shook his head, "these kids are the next generation. they're selfless, brave, nothing like us. look at peter. that kid's got talent and genius." natasha smiles, "and one hell of worthy-ness." both of them laughed, reminded of the mjolnir incident.

"stephen said it'll take awhile for her to recover. and whatever she's been through for the past two months must be worse than torture," clint said, breaking the light atmosphere. "she's gonna need all the help she can get," natasha says, looking at seven laying peacefully under her quilt. it was one of the only bright colours in her mostly monochrome room. natasha made it for her sister together with wanda and pepper after finding out that she needed something warmer than a usual duvet to help her sleep better. she also just wanted to make the teenager's room slightly more lively.