chapter twenty nine

mj and ned spent the rest of the school day pestering peter with questions about seven, which led him to ask tony if he could bring his friends over.

tony gladly agreed.

it was not often that his kid would bring his friends over, and he was excited to see this ted (or ned) friend of his, as well as his kid's girl- crush. he told pepper about it, and she was more than happy to bake some cookies and make sure they were going to have snacks and drinks when they came over. that afternoon, peter, mj and ned rushed out, filled with excitement, and filed into happy's car.

"hey happy!" peter exclaimed, and got a grunt from happy in response before they drove off. in the car, ned couldn't stop talking about the stark industries tour, while mj admired the view from the side window. her parents were always busy, so she had no choice but to take the subway herself. but she would never ever be able to get a seat and admire the view because it was always so packed.

"bye kids," happy sighed as they rushed out of the car. "bye happy! see you later!" peter said before slamming the door shut and catching up with mj and ned. happy smiled to himself before he drove off to park the car. peter is always his favourite person to drive around. happy secretly loved listening to all his stories and how his day went, it was just part of his afternoons now.

the receptionist took down mj and ned's name before keying it into friday's system. within a minute, their level 5 passes were made. ned gave peter an amused look as he tapped in. "welcome ned!" he jumped at the sound of friday, which made both peter and the receptionist laugh. mj cooly tapped in too, but inside she was bursting with excitment.

they took the lift up to the penthouse and into peter's room. it was red and blue, just like his suit. his desk was filled with mini experiments and papers for research, his room was just filled with so much of his personality that it made even mj smile. "why haven't you let us in here before?" ned asked, in awe. "because..." peter tried to find an answer but to no avail, he just shrugged as he put his bag down at the side.

"anyway," peter said, "my... mum made some snacks for us outside." he brought them out to the living room and said hi to pepper. "still weird to call her mum huh," ned whispered as he took the plate of cookies and sat beside peter and mj on the couch.

right before peter was about to reply his best friend, dr. stephen strange rushed out of the lift and announced movie night. "oh- urm... hi... peter's friends, i suppose? dr. stephen strange, you can just call me stephen," he said with a smile and shook both of their hands before rushing out of the living room again.

"sorry... we're all kinda crazy here, don't mind u- UNCLE CLINT?!" peter stuck to the ceiling as clint jumped from the vents to scare him. "I GOT HIM SAM!" clint exclaimed and laughed at peter's red face but stopped when he realised they had guests.

mj and ned sat there, mj in confusion and ned in awe. "you're hawkeye!" ned exclaimed, standing up to shake his hand. "h- hi," clint said briefly before looking up at peter again, who was still angry at his uncle.

"this is ned, and- and mj," he said, slowly getting down to the ground. clint shook both of their hands before getting interupted by and incoming sam who pounced onto peter, making him yelp and jump back onto the ceiling, webbing sam into the wall across the room in the process.

"you just got owned by a kid," clint burst out laughing as he took out his phone to film the defeated sam. "thanks," sam rolled his eyes and said, "get me out of here parker!"

"do i get apple juice in return?" peter asked, walking across the room on the ceiling with his arms crossed. "i- fine," sam groaned. "yes! yall are getting apple juice too!" peter exclaimed to mj and ned before running in and out of his room in less than a minute.

after letting sam out of the web mess, tony exclaimed in shock, "what the hell have you done to my wall?!" while glaring at sam and clint. the both of them looked at each other sheepishly before running off, "sorry stark!"

"oh my god... it's tony freakin' stark!"

tony and peter, who was directly above his father, turned to look at ned who was freaking out beside mj and then looked at each other. "come down there, kid. you're gonna hurt yourself," tony said, grabbing peter down slowly. "dad this is ned, my best friend," peter said after getting down, "and this is my... this is mj." tony gave peter a smirk before waving at his kid's friends.

it took awhile, but after an hour or so, mj, ned and peter were joined by the rest of the avengers: tony and pepper on the two seater couch, wanda and vision on the other one on the other side of the room. bruce, clint, rhodey and sam laid on the floor with a large bowl of popcorn, steve and bucky on the biggest couch next to the other one where mj, ned and peter sat. loki grumpily sat beside sam on the ground too.

right before the movie started, everyone got comfortable, took a toilet break while mj went to the kitchen counter to grab a drink, and took one for peter too. she quickly grabbed two bottles of ice lemon tea before going to rush back to sit beside her two best friends. maybe one best friend and her boy-

"mj?"

mj turned to where she heard someone call her and dropped the bottles in her hands.