chapter thirty one

"ah," tony said as the metal face plate locked into place, "ross. missed me too much?"

with that, they went into attack as peter, mj, ned, seven, bucky and bruce tried to escape. "ah ah, not so fast," ross smiled and that made the six of them pause, but before ross could even say anything, stephen opened up a portal and...

"how long?!" he yelled as ross fell into the portal.

"30 minutes!" steve yelled back as the fighting continued. "that's too nice. how about 3 hours!" stephen shouted back and they ended up making ross fall continuosly as the fight continued.

"this way," peter exclaimed as they ran towards the staircase. bucky, seven and bruce ran down to the 41st floor while mj and ned waited for peter to put on his suit before swinging them back home.

i think there's more waiting downstairs.

seven turned to bucky as he placed his headphones on. he gave her an uncertain look as they continued running down. we can go to bruce's lab? seven asked bucky. maybe, you can ask him.

"bruce?" seven said, "can we head to your lab?" bruce turned around, panting, "which one?" seven turned to bucky. since when did he have more than one lab? anyone.

"um.. any one," seven replied and they ran to the 45th floor, closing the door of the lab behind them.

"oH mY GOD PeTer bENjAmiN PARKER!" mj screamed as peter swung her around manhattan and all the way back to queens. he had already sent ned back home. actually... ned stayed further away, but he just wanted to spend more time with mj. they stopped at an alleyway so peter could change into his clothes, while mj tried not to look at him, and they walked out together with mj still shocked.

"we are never doing that again," she said, trying to keep herself together. "you alright?" peter laughed, brushing his hands against mj by accident. he quickly kept his hands away, but realised that mj didn't notice at all. "no of course not!" mj exclaimed, pushing peter away lightly, chuckling as she brushed her hair away from her face.

"then how can i pay you back?" peter asked with smile. "hmm..." mj stopped in her tracks and looked at peter.

"how did you know they were coming up?" bruce asked as bucky took off his headphones. seven shrugged, looking around at the lab.

"tony told me you would do that," bruce said, which made seven turn around. "do what?" she asked. "that shrug. i know you know," he replied with a small smile before looking at friday's systems. seven looked at bucky, who in turn gave her the same look as bruce.

we know.

"know what?" she asked aloud. that you're special. "gosh," she sat on the sofa at the end of the room and sighed.

special.

"thanks for the ice cream parker," mj smiled and said. "no problem. hope it suffices that scare. i thought you wouldn't even flinch after the first time we swung around queens," peter laughed. they were sitting at the park as they are their ice cream.

"you threw me into the air, peter. not funny," mj's face turned serious. but seeing as it was peter, she couldn't be angry for long. "this suffices," she said as she shoved the ice cream peter was eating into his face.

"oh no you didn't," peter exclaimed, turning to mj as she laughed, backing away from him. the both of them ended up having an ice cream fight, as they shoved the ice cream into each others faces and chased each other around the park laughing.

"clear."

the rest of the avengers upstairs won the fight, easy peasy. the knocked out men were brought to cells at the lower levels to face interrogation, while the team decided that ross should have had enough of falling for the past hour, and stephen portaled him into a cell too.

"friday? what's up with your systems?" tony asked as everyone unsuited themselves and sprawled all across the living room couch.

"it appears that there has been no external intrusion. they entered from the inside of the building, sir," friday answered.

bruce looked at bucky and seven, all three of them confused, while tony groaned.

mole.
____
hello (:
i'll be releasing a new book along with the next chapter of this one! it'll be abt giving songs a story, and i'll be releasing the first part, so stay tuned (:!