chapter nineteen - sister

"not now peter, she needs to rest. how about we give her some space," stephen cut in as tony got to peter. "but aunt nat-" peter wanted to continue talking about what they found out about seven, fiddling with the piece of paper in his hand, but stephen gave him a glare that shut him up.

in the short five months living in the compound and the tower, peter had gotten really close to natasha. she would teach him russian and help him with his languages, while they would often hang out together watching movies when both pepper and tony were busy. natasha forced him to call her aunt nat, or not speak to her at all.

"it's okay peter, you can tell me about it outside," natasha said, motioning for him to move out of the room. defeatingly, peter walked out of the room with tony and stephen, leaving natasha inside to make sure seven had calmed down.

"you're not going crazy," natasha took seven's hands away from her head and looked into her ocean eyes that were now turqoise. natasha found it amusing, but ignored it as she saw the the tears and her red nose. "you'll be okay after awhile. i know what this feels like, being separated from people you love. but you'll be okay, yeah?" natasha gave her a small smile as seven started to relax. "what if i'll never be okay?" seven asked, looking at her hands that were held on to by natasha.

"i'll be here to make sure that you will be," natasha squeezed her hand. seven looked into her eyes again, then let out a short breath.

sister.

she gave natasha a hug and natasha gave one back, though she was a little shocked. "have a good rest okay? do you want me to stay with you?" natasha asked as she let go. seven shook her head and said that it was fine, and peter seemed excited to tell her something. "alright, have a good rest then. i'll be back up after dinner," natasha got off the bed and smiled before leaving the room, shutting the door behind her.

as silence engulfed her once again, seven laid there a little uncertain still. her predictions were never wrong. and if they were correct, there was still no way thay it could be true. they can't be sisters.

no way.

it took awhile for seven to calm down as her head was hurting from all the new information she was processing in her mind.

but as she felt herself calming down, she didn't feel the same.