chapter twenty five

the pitch blackness turned to loud sounds that hurt her ears. she flinched as she felt something numb going down her arm.

"dr cho?" a voice made her heart skip a beat.

"not looking good, stephen... let's just do our best." another one was a gentle voice, but it felt like she was focusing on something.

she tried to open her eyes but had a feeling to keep it shut. "doctor? she's conscious."

"what? that can't be. dr. kingsley? we need to up the anesthesia." the female doctor, she assumed was dr. cho, said. "on it," another voice said and she immediately felt her world go blurry.

she opened her eyes to see the world around her in comfortable brightness. there was a full body mirror in front of her, and she walked forward to look at herself subconsciously.

she wasn't wearing any shoes, but she was dressed in a white hoodie and white ripped jeans. everything about her looked the same, and felt the same, which gave her a sigh of relief.

but her face.

she gulped and walked away from the mirror in shock.

"you saw yourself?" she jumped and turned around as a voiced echoed the world around her. orange sparks flooded her vision as a man walked out of it.

"doc'r... strange?" she gave him a confused look as he walked towards her. he was donned in his usual mystical arts clothes when he went for missions, but something about him felt different.

danger.

she stepped back in fear as he began to glare at her, walking closer and closer.

"you're hideous now."

she fell forward as a voice boomed from her back. she turned to see a familiar face, but she, too, felt different.

"na- nat? what's going on?" she tried to sit up and face her, but got distracted by another figure beside her.

"peter! peter thank god you're here i-" she ran towards him with a thankful look on her face, but he webbed her up with a smirk on his. he looked at the two heroes behind him and nodded his head. "pe- peter? peter!" seven exclaimed as they got closer, trying to struggle her way out, but she couldn't.

she felt a tingling sensation on her back and she jerked forward, strangely letting herself out of the webs. she turned to look, and gasped as her white hoodie was now stained red. peter looked shocked as she got out and tried to web her back, but he couldn't.

as quickly as she could, she ran forward towards an endless maze and prayed hard that the avengers wouldn't appear anywhere in front of her.

she made a last turn to find herself at a dead end. she turned around, but decided that that was a bad idea as she saw the people in front of her.

"you got those scars from the HYDRA members," steve stepped forward to say. "we'll help you get away from them. just follow us," this time it was tony who spoke up, arm over peter, both with smirks on their faces.

unconsciously, she started shaking with fear, her hands trembling, her legs started shaking.

"oh you're scared," stephen and rhodey said. "don't be scared, we got you," bruce smiled and said, all of them surrounding her.

she shook so much she could hardly say a word.

"we got you," clint and natasha added on, and with their weapons hit her right on her legs, blood seeping through the pure white jeans.

the mirror landed in front of her, for her to see her own reflection. scars across her face and dark eye circles. her lips cracked and bleeding, her nose red. the shut her eyes as the avengers continued to taunt her and hit her with all their might.

seven jolted awake, peeling out everything from her arm before she could see anything, and ran.

she couldn't hear anything around her, but used her senses to guide her. wearing a white gown without shoes, she dashed through the walkways and down the stairs.

"code violet," friday warned everyone in the facility. "shit," steve jumped up from his chair, fully awake from his nap, and ran to seven's ward. he prayed hard that she was still there, but it wasn't true. she was missing.

"avengers," he said as calmly as he could, "asse-" "shut up cap. find her guys, you know what to do," tony exclaimed from the elevator and said. everyone attached their earpiece to their ears and rushed to their allocated areas.

stephen's being the first floor.

seven heard the code being announced but ran down the stairs anyway. the dream was still fresh in her mind. but what if it was true?

she flew down to the first floor without a sweat and dashed out to the lobby, where she saw representatives of the two groups of people she never wished to see again.

HYDRA and SHIELD.