chapter three - suit up

for the next few days, natasha spent her time cooped up in the training room venting her emotions. she tried to forget about what she saw on the tablet. she tried to make it seemed like nothing had happened. but she can't.

"hey ms romanoff," peter peeked into the room to see sand all around the floor, punching bags scattered around the room. he went in and leant against the wall, unsure of what to do. natasha turned around and took a look at him. she punched hard on the punching bag, causing it to break and fall onto the ground, spilling out sand.

"i know where she lives?" peter said, but it became more of a question. natasha whipped around and looked at him, a little hope in her eyes. "help me clear this mess," natasha said, her voice raspy. with that, peter immediately grabbed the tools necessary and started to clean up the room with her.

the room took nearly an hour to clean up.

by the time the both of them were done, they were slumped against the wall outside the training room. "rough day?" steve and bucky walks past the both of them and said. natasha rolled her eyes and got up, pulling peter up as well.

"so..." natasha started as they looked at each other awkwardly. "oh yes, um- this way! to my room!" peter exclaimed and started walking to the end of the corridor. "your room?" natasha looks at peter in confusion.

shit.

"um- i- i mean my workspace," peter gulped as he turned around. natasha nodded her head and caught up to him, but still a little suspicious. they take the elavator up to peter's workshop and as they walk in, natasha stands at the door in awe. this kid is a genius.

there were all sorts of contraptions and blueprints around. all sort of prototypes and mechanical stuff she didn't even know existed.

"sorry, it's a little messy in here. i haven't really cleaned it up since... yeah. mr stark's gonna kill me," peter rubbed his neck self-consciously as he looked at natasha. "n- no it's fine. i'm just amazed. there's loads of cool looking stuff here," she said as she picks up a prototype and takes a look at it.

"i can tell you more about them! if you're interested... but here's her address, in the meantime," peter passes natasha a piece of crumbled paper. she takes it and smooths out the edges before taking a look.

"huh," natasha cocked her eyebrows, "isn't that-" "yeah, an orphanage. i searched it up just now," peter answered her before she even asked the question. "let's go then," natasha said. she kept the paper in her sweatpants and headed towards the door as peter nodded his head. "oh yeah, one thing, peter," she turned back and said.

"suit up."

before disappearing into the hallway. "suit up?" peter said to himself before walking out of his workspace.

"remind me again of why we had to suit up!" peter exclaimed as they he swung from building to building, while natasha was running. why is she running?

"it's an orphanage, and we're the avengers! if the headmistress or whoever get's annoyed, we'll use the superhero card!" natasha yelled back. "but i'm not an avenger," peter said to himself.

"according to mr stark, you have been certified as an avenger when you were in space," karen said through peter's suit. "well," peter replied as he swung to the next building.

"h- how do you do this~" peter had his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. they had reached the orphanage and stood at the side of it. natasha, on the end, seemed like she just went for a 5 minute jog. "you're rusty, parker. or should i say stark?," natasha shook her head and laughed, "come on, let's go." peter's eyes widened as natasha walked towards the orphanage. how did she know?!!!