chapter fourty three

"we have to go, now."

a month had passed and mj was insistent that they leave by the end of the week - no sooner, no later. but peter was hesitant. though he disabled the protocols and gps signals, he knew that he should let at least someone know. the search for seven's exact location was tough.

"we leave saturday, 430am. we haven't had a good rest since two nights ago," peter said, "let's at least get some shut eye before we leave." mj sighed, but ned agreed.

they decided to sleep and plan at peter's old house, before he moved in with tony. he hadn't been there for a whole year since... aunt may, but he was ready now. they have four days to prepare, and what better place than at a house that's abandoned.

"you sure you're gonna be okay?" mj whispers as they got off the bus. peter took a deep breath, "yeah- yeah no, it'll- i'll... be okay." mj looked over, still concerned, but peter shrugged it off and opened the door to the apartment.

nothing has changed, just that it was really dusty. they set up quickly and start their plan. but peter realises that everything could also go terribly wrong. he convinced ned and mj that they needed to phone an adult just in case. they considered the risks of each avenger - too dangerous, too emotional, will destory everything; before decided on one they were certain of.

it was twelve in the morning, the day of the execution. peter suits up and tries out the communication devices with his friends. "i'll be right back," peter says as he whips out his phone
to dial for backup.

dialing...

connecting...

"hello?"